Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extensions Master Class for Bridget and Gina

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extensions Master Class for Bridget and Gina
    Posted: January 14 2005 at 8:45pm
Hi girls,

I remember we were talking about various certification classes and that they should really encompass a variety of different methods. Anyway, I came across this link the other day to hairpiece.com's class, which includes the following methods (a lot of them). I have no idea whether this is good or not, or how much it costs--plus, it seems to be available only in L.A.--but I thought it might be worth looking into:
http://www.hairpiece.com/showpages.asp?pid=1046

Class offers:
1. Preparation of hair extension
2. ExtenTube Method
3. Keratip Method
4. Skin Weft : a. Folding Method b. Sandwich Method
5. Most updated strand-to-strand Method
6. Instant 7 pcs Extension
7. Tips for preventing and solving problems
8. Pricing and Client-Consulting
9. How to maintain extension hair

:)

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 9:30pm
The class is $500. Last time I was up at their store in LA the guy at the counter was trying to talk me into it because I was asking what skin weft was... They have a manequin (I'm sure I spelled that wrong ) that has a sample of their work on it. It all looks pretty good.
oly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 10:30pm
THANK YOU for that info. my union picks up and pays for classes and this one looks worth it.if anyone knows of others that i can look into please let me know. we need to pick our extension class for the year.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2005 at 5:06am
That's great, Oly! Is it a hairdressers union or something? (I'm not a stylist so I don't know about unions and such.) :)
oly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2005 at 3:05am
it is a film union for hairdressers and make-up artists.
i am in chicago and new york. i am trying to get my LA union card which is the hardest to get, i am sure i will get it soon though. maybe this year.....
the only problem with LA is that i have to pick one trait. make-up or hair. i love both. do not know what to do. i guess when the time comes i will know.
Kris408 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2005 at 4:18am
HOW DO U APPLY FOR A UNION LOC...
Kris
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2005 at 4:35am
Aha! I get it. That's too bad that they make you choose. What's more lucrative or in demand in the film field--hairstylists or make-up artists?
oly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 7:19pm
gosh, i have been gone a while! i was trying to find this site to write the info on the classes . whew, glad i found it.
anyway, thats a hard ? jenny. i think they are both very lurative, but i am thinking that there are not enough people that know a whole lot about extensions . the celebs are willing to pay whatever for them.its crazy. i am beginning to lean toward the hair end for the union card. especially after finding this site. one can learn a ton here.
as far as getting into the union, that is a long process and if someone really wants the answer to get into it i am willing to type it. just let me know.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic