Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

extentubes and oily hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
michelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: extentubes and oily hair?
    Posted: January 23 2005 at 7:28pm
Hi guys i have a quick question about extentubes and having oily hair, i heard that you need to apply them to deep cleaned un conditioned hair, so i was wondering if i do that and then put them in , would i be able to ever condition my hair? also my hair tends to get kinda very oily after like 3 days of not washing it so would this affect the extentube and like make it slip out? thanks
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 7:40pm
Well, ideally you shouldn't condition the hair where the tubes actually are--near the roots--because anything slippery (conditioners, shine sprays, etc.) could cause slippage.

I don't think it would be a problem to wash your hair every other day or so, but if you have an oily scalp, that could also encourage the tubes to slip faster.

:)
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 7:45pm
If you have oily hair you shouldnt need to condition but once or twice a week anyway. A spray in detangler/conditioner is better for oily heads IMO. If you keep the conditioner away from the tubes you should be fine and if the tubes are closed tightly then there shouldnt be a problem with oily hair. I have oily hair and I only use a detangler on it. And when I have extensions in I only use conditioner from the neck down.

Good luck

SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
michelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 8:00pm
thanks guys , also i was wondering what is shedding? is this when hair actually comes out with the extension ? i know its a stupid question , but could this happen with extendtubes?and how
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 8:32pm
the term 'shedding' can be described in a couple of ways. It can refer to the extension hair, when individual strands come loose from the bond or the weft. This can happen when you dont pretip the extension hair, or sometimes with fusion when the glue isnt penetrated well through the bond. And it can also be used to describe the natural hair that has fallen and is trapped in the bond of weft. That shedding is what you see when you remove the extensions.
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 12:26pm
As to the oily hair, if you can hold out long enough to only wash your hair every third day, you should be good. As other wise people have mentioned, just slap the conditioner on from shoulder-length down. And the last thing you might want to look into is Nioxin shampoo....they make one for oily hair, and Supervixxen (from Quinn's board) gives that shampoo a big two thumbs up (and she's an expert).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic