Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

micro ring openers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kirsty1888maclennan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirsty1888maclennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: micro ring openers
    Posted: January 28 2005 at 4:17am
cool thanks rae i think i might just get ring openers if they are going to be a bit safer :)
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 1:40am
It's entirely possible to use regular ridged pliers for removing links; however, if you don't hold them perfectly straight, sometmes they fold over and catch the hair inside. In that case, the only way to get them off is to either cut the hair off (!) or take a big-ass pair of metal snips and cut down one side of the ring and then slide the hair out of the cut side. Sounds funny, but it works; let's just say I'm glad I have more metalworking tools than the average girl! Anyway, I'm going to get a pair of ring openers on my next order from hisandher.com ($12 from them), because I think it may reduce the amount of times I have to use the metal snips. :)

-Rae
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 9:42pm
Hey Em I am sure that was just an accidental reversal on your post . But I believe you want smooth pliers to put them in and ridged pliers to take them out!
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 9:28pm
Pliers with ridges for putting them in and pliers with no ridges for taking them out. I got both mine at the hardware store and they work fine.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 5:22pm
Probably a good idea to buy the ones from Doc's or Hairpiece. I've heard they make removal a lot easier. Good luck! :)
kirsty1888maclennan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirsty1888maclennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 2:07pm
i bought some pliers with ridges from my hardware store but on the testers strands i did they didnt work very well. do u think it wud b worth it to get the proper micro ring remover pliers cos they have the circular hole on them dont they , ?
thse that do micro rings ..do u think they work much better for removal?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic