Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wigs on hair bands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kirsty1888maclennan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirsty1888maclennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wigs on hair bands
    Posted: January 27 2005 at 10:14am
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15737&item=6738116099

i thought this would be a good alternative to a 3 / 4 wig cause it wont have nasty clips which could snag my hair but i can then give my hair a rest from xtensions. what do you think? and i normally wear a band every day so it wouldnt matter. any disadvantges?
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 10:51am
*blinks*

wow Im out of it. when I read "hair band" I was thinking about those 80's hairband butt rockers.

haha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirsty1888maclennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 11:29am
do u think i cud wear this every day?
how long do u think it wud last for? s only 20 quid.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 6:25pm
Well, the difference with the wig band is that none of your real hair shows, and (at least with the ones I've had) all of your real hair is contained within it, so you'd probaby need to pin your hair up underneath, braid it, or wear a wig cap.

I haven't gotten as good a results with the wig bands, because they have to fit exactly, and they're always too tight on me (but I have a rather large head). Imo, they also don't look as natural as the standard 3/4 falls.

With the 3/4 without the wig band, you a have a little more flexibility in terms of how you wear it (with a headband, various headbands, or without, etc.), but I do think the wig band would be a bit gentler on the hair than the combs.

The one you picked looks lovely. How long it will last really depends on how good the fiber is, and they're all different. Most of mine (not all) last forever, but then again, I don't wear them every day. With daily wear, I doubt they'd last more than a few months.

Perhaps the best thing to do is buy one and see if you like it. If you do, maybe you can invest in three of them or so, and just switch them every day. You should probably use a wig spray or braid spray to keep it in good condition.

Some really cheap fibers frizz up quickly in hot and humid weather; others do perfectly fine. I've found that the ones with a good sheen and fairly thick fiber last longer than the ones with less sheen (not that you'll necessarily be able to gauge this over the Internet).

Anyway, good luck! :)
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 9:51pm
That is one gorgeous wig (drool drool)

I have had 2 headband wigs and I agree with Jenny, they were both too tight on my head and your stuck wearing the same style all the time. With a full wig or even a 3/4 wig you can pull it back and wear clips and barrettes and things.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirsty1888maclennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2005 at 4:09am
hey guys thanks for that wel its only 20 quid so if it doesnt work out at least ill have learnt not to go there and i can always give it to my wee boy to play with it lol
i woudlnt mind that i alwyas had to wear it in the same style cause when i go to work i nearly always tie my hair in a band haha ye im very imaginitive.
the only thing i didnt like about the 3/4 wigs is that i have worn ponys b4 and they were so sore with the clips and my hair has got a bit broken so i promised myseld that unless i could find something that would be no damage until i re do my xtensions in june then il just go natural .

so anyway ill see howit goes

thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirsty1888maclennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2005 at 4:11am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic