Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strenthen hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strenthen hair
    Posted: January 28 2005 at 1:23am
Joginny, vitamin E is the best thing for hair and nails and its fairly cheap and you take it twice a day. The only other suggestion I have is to spend some time in the shampoo section of your local store and read ingredients. Ive read some bottles that have an ingredients list longer than my arm and Ive read some that only have 6-8 ingredients in them. I buy the ones that have a short ingredients list. I also heard that Pantene is coming out with a new hair care line for women of color. They have the hardest hair to deal with and that might be a good option for you.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 9:02pm
So do you think that the shrinkies are damaging your hair and also the fusion? What was the condition of your hair before the extensions? Im just curious of your opinion on the shrinkie damage factor.
Joginny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joginny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 8:09pm
Yes, I have a mix of both fusion and shrinkies. I would say most are now shrinkies. I have had them for 2 months and the condition of my hair is horrible. Any suggestions on what I can use with the extensions in to strenghen it and thicken it up?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 5:42pm
Fusion also trashed my hair. I have pinchbraids, and I think they're a much, much gentler method.

When you say you have shrinkies and fusion, do you mean shrinkies on some parts of your head and fusion on others?

:)
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 3:43pm
by the way - Ive had fusion before, totally wrecked my hair. I will never never have fusion again.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 3:42pm
I think sewn in wefts are the least damaging so far (I have yet to really expirement with shrinkies, but it looks promising)

Its also suprisenly non bulky if you can find someone who is good at making teeny tiny braids, and using hair with microwefts :)
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 12:21pm
You may not want to hear this, but my experience having had sewn-in wefts for 15 years has been zero hair damage. Sewn in has its drawbacks (bulky being one), but if your stylist is good at making tracks, you should have absolutely no damage to your natural hair. I grew my hair practically to my butt while wearing tracks. You may want to consider this method while your natural hair recovers.

Joginny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joginny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 12:00pm
What would you suggest? I am using fusion with shrinkies.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 11:48am
you might want to consider wearing your extensions a diffrent way if your hair is becoming damaged :)
Joginny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joginny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2005 at 11:45am
My hair has become so fine and thin from wearing hair extensions. Does anyone have suggestions how to strenghten whats left and thicken it up without damaging the extensions that are still in? Please help me I dont want to be bald.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic