Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair halo experiment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair halo experiment
    Posted: January 29 2005 at 5:14pm
Ok, its done and here are the pics, tell me what you think? I used a whole weft of 20 inch synth hair minus about 5 inches that was left over.

Sorry about the quality of the pics, bad bad camara.

It took me about 3 hours from start to finish. I had to sew in 3 wig clips for stability. Its so light I can hardly feel it. Im so used to my tight wigs.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/emma_skye/album?.dir=/45a2&urlhint=actn,ren%3as,1%3af,0

A little more info: I left the large openings between the ribbon so I could pull my own hair through and integrate it in. I also pulled it back into a pony tail and you couldnt tell I had it on, Im liking this alot.

I used some cheapo toyokalon synth...it matts like crazy but I didnt want to spend bunches on hair since this was an experiment. Since I know this is doable, I might invest in some nicer hair for next time.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 7:36pm
Emma, that's cool, but I'm having a little difficulty wrapping my brain around how it works. So, it looks like a weft runs the perimeter of your hairline with about six inches of fishing line on top, plus a few more horizontal lines of weft on the back of your head. Is that right?

Also, on your first halo post, that one looked like it had bangs attached. Did you just opt against bangs, or am I not getting this right?

EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 8:18pm
No your right on with everything. My halo starts high up by my temples, runs down to just above my ears and around the back of my head. I opted against bangs, I have my own I can play with but bangs would be easy to incorporate into this halo. When my husband came home he thought I had done extensions on myself today. He couldnt see any of the ribbon or the fishing line and he said it looked great. I love the fact that its only connected onto my hair by 3 wig clips and a bit of fishing line. No stress on my hair at all. I just need to get some good hair and make another one, this toyokalon is driving me nuts!!
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2005 at 9:40pm
its basically an intergration wig, which is a good method to use if you want something as temporary as clip in's, without having to mess with the clips.

you did a great job :)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2005 at 9:53pm
Great job Em. Very creative!
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2005 at 10:07pm
I wore it all day today and I cant believe how comfortable it is to wear. It dosnt pull anywhere and its not heavy. Now Im chomping at the bit wishing I could get some nicer hair to use on a new one.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2005 at 10:12pm
Hmmm, something like that would work great for those times when you take out extensions and dont have time to put them back in right away. I wont even be seen without my hair! It takes me a whole weekend to remove, color/highlight, deep condition, and reinstall extensions, and I cant leave the house all weekend!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2005 at 10:23pm
Congratulations, Emma! That looks awesome, and it seems like it would be pretty comfortable, too. :)
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2005 at 11:02am
Ooh, neat! Very crafty of you. :)

-Rae
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic