Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How many tips per head?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many tips per head?
    Posted: February 01 2005 at 10:40pm
I have just about shoulder length hair and the hair I am putting in is 18 inches.

I am slowly but surely making more tips, tell me there is an end in sight!

Rose
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 11:59pm
There is an end in sight, and just think, next time it will go faster !!!

SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 2:39am
I got about 30 or so done tonight, woohoo! I could either stay up for another hour and get more done or go to bed and be coherent in the morning when my baby wakes up.

Think I'll go to bed.

I think I need about 150-200 tips, more, less? I have some strawberry blonde coming and another weft of this same hair.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 3:43am
too damn many.

I did 2 packs of hair when we started to put it in, then I ran out "crap" and did another pack of hair. then we ran out AGAIN "argh" so I did ANOTHER pack....and we ran out again... so I *****ed a lot and did the final pack, and we got 1/2 that in.

4 1/2 packs total, didnt count the shrinkies, no clue how many I put in, but I was *****ing about the end never being in site when my head was 1/2 finshed
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 7:39am
I like to use about 200, or however many make up 8 ounces (for 18" hair).

I also like to buy them pre-made so I don't have to tip. I have a mighty hatred for hand-tipping. :)

-Rae
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 12:39pm
Gee, I actually thought it was kinda fun. Admittedly I wasn't making 200+ of them. I had the weft on a hanger, supplies all around me, and headphones plugged into the Palm T|E (who needs an iPod?). In about a half hour, I had 30 tips, and my hand was starting to get tired from rolling. =)
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 12:52pm
The only reason Im tipping is because of the issue of hair quality.

If Bohyme or Remi came pre-tipped in deep wave and french refined I would be a hap happy gurl.

I ordered the big jar of microrings and a jar of extendtubes (again - I need to cancel the original order, says its still 'pending')

Hopefully it will be enough.

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2005 at 4:28am
Drlocks.net carries pre-bonded Remy, but it' only in straight. They used to have it in other textures...wonder what happened to that?
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2005 at 3:45pm
The pre bonded Remy from Dr Locks was what I got last August and it was horrible hair. Unless its changed since then I wouldnt recommend it. About an hour after I had a full head of micro rings put in the hair was already a matted mess and it only got worse from there. I spent over $100 more, on top of the $300 I spent to begin with on hair care products, even the Redkin that Dr Locks sells on their site and nothing worked.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2005 at 5:06pm
wow that sounds terrible Em. Ive heard some people say that its decent hair. I actually have in some of docs regular quality pretips right now mixed in with my normal hair21 hair and they are ok but its only been 5 days and I dont have a head full of it either.
nikis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2010 at 10:04pm
where can I find pricing for SoCap extensions. Anyone?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic