Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nail glue needed for latex bonding?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nail glue needed for latex bonding?
    Posted: February 06 2005 at 1:00am
Hi, ran outta liquid gold and Ive been using 'Proclaim Super Bond' - wondering if I should still do the drop o' nail glue on it after it dries?

I like the latex stuff, much easier to work with.

Rose
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 1:11am
From everything Ive read, nail glue is a must no matter what type of glue you use to tip with.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 2:19am
meh, I didnt use it, but a lot of people say that it works better if you do :)
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 6:09am
The only difference I found when I tested shrinkies with latex and shrinkies with latex and nail glue on my manniquin head was that when I pulled the hair really hard it came out when it was tipped with just latex. When it was tipped with latex and nail glue I was pulling like mad and if that would have been a human they would have been screaming but anyway the shrinkie didn't even slip so I would recommend the nail glue too xx
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 6:24am
Interesting....

Kalika, did the Liquid Glue melt into your hair at all?

:)
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 6:44am
Im sure a bit of it did, but any glue you use with a shrinkie I believe is bound to melt into your hair a bit as well.

P.S. if someone was pulling that hard, Id rather the shrinkie come out instead of the hair its attached to :)
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 6:49am
Hmm...With thicker hair, I imagine a little glue is probably no problem. I have to be supercareful with that stuff, though, 'cause my hair's so thin and fine and breakable. My hair hates glue--period. It's a big pain in the ass! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic