Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you color extensions???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
4freaks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4freaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you color extensions???
    Posted: February 07 2005 at 5:05pm
Hey there,

I have received my hair, and it is too blonde. I ordered french refined bohyme. I am a redhead so I need to color the extensions. I am going to liquid gold the tips and then use shrinkies to apply them. When do I color the hair? When it is on the weft or in my hair? What is the best color to use? Thanks so much

Margie
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 5:35pm
It's much better to color it beforehand while it's on the weft, as you may have to tweak it to get the color you want, and that way you can leave your own hair as is. Generally, semi-permanents seem to work well on extensions. Metalgirl likes to use Matrix Color Sync, which is a demi-permanent.

Good luck! :)
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 5:53pm
If you want to go 2 or more shades darker, you would probably want to fill the hair with the missing undertone to make sure it 'takes' and turns out the color that you want it to be.

In any case, use a demi-permanent and do a strand test first before you do the whole thing.
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 8:10pm
I have colored my hair with micro rings in and they did fine. I dont think shrinkies would do as well, Ive heard they can pick up color.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 4:06am
Hey there freaks, what is the french refined like, is it really curly, I've just had a client request it and I'm nervous as its my first curly doo x
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 5:33am
I'm curious about thay, too--and about how well the curl holds up.... :)
AfroPuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroPuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 6:58am
If your trying to color bohyme hair, make sure you do a strand test first. Bohyme removes the cuticles from their hair and sometimes it's hard to color hair without the cuticles intact and that's been processed.

4freaks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4freaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2005 at 9:36am
hey,

I like the french refined wave. It is really soft and smooth. I am going to color it today. I will let you know how it holds up. I have not put it in yet, because I am waiting on my shrinkies

Margie

Thanks so much for all the info
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic