Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OUCH!!!these DANG shrinkies!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OUCH!!!these DANG shrinkies!
    Posted: February 09 2005 at 11:34pm
Thanks Metalgirl! I gotcha on letting them "hang"
Some of the shrinks felt "flat" not tubular. I also tink the nail glue made them to hard.So, maybe it was operater error on both parts. I'll give them another go. I'm gonna try out latex vs LG this time.
Also, you replied to my "Mullet effect" thread. The best fix for me was to sandwich wefts below my part and crown that matched my natural color and add shrinkies on th wefts for hilites/blend.
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 11:19pm
Gina E:

You're probably just tender headed. In any case, the discomfort will pass if you give it time.

As others here already stated, next time you apply, don't crank them all the way up. In fact many hair extension classes tell you that the extension should have a little bit of natural 'hang' to it (1/4/-1/2 inch) so you don't have pulling problems of extensions stabbing you in the head.

Careful sectioning is also important. If you over direct hair you can get discomfort, or even worse, breakage.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 10:02pm
Oops...simultaneous post. :)
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 9:49pm
Could be a bit of both Sherrie... This was my first strand by strand. Also, I have fine/medium texture hair. I'm finest around my perimeter(which is true to most people) so I did add more natural hair into the shrinkie...but nothing excessive. The extensions around my perimeter were the first to go-apx. 15 by the 3rd day! My main complaint was the feel of the shrinkie. It felt like a hard piece of plastic stabbing my scalp!!!!!!! Which is never a good time
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by leia1979 leia1979 wrote:

nothing to see here....

lmao are you doing a jedi mind trick (sorry [/nerd stuff])
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 9:43pm
nothing to see here....

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 9:43pm
Is it possible that they could be too close to the scalp, or that some random hairs that aren't from the proper sections are stuck where they shouldn't be? How big are the sections? Maybe you should get someone to look at your scalp to determine what's going on. If there are even just a few extra pieces that are pulling, it can be quite painful.

Good luck, and keep us posted. :)
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 9:42pm
The first time with microrings, I had that problem where they pulled, especially when I slept. I haven't had the problem with shrinkies because I can't get them quite as close to my head, therefore they don't pull. When you go to put your own hair in the shrinkie, twist the strand together. That will help you tell if it's going to pull on any little corner pieces or errant strands that shouldn't go in that bunch.

But it mostly sounds like they're too tight, and that goes away in a few days.
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 9:40pm
I just grasped a small amount of hair, and pulled it tight like i would into that tiny ponytail with the shrinkie, and it HURT is there any need to do that? did you just do it too tight?
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 9:38pm
Gina, was this your first time with extensions? Or with a individual strand method? I know my first time they hurt like heck for a few days, they felt so tight. After about a week it finally eased up and felt comfortable. Everytime I put in a new set the first couple of days are uncomfortable. They only other thing maybe is if you used too big of strands of natural hair in the shrinkies causing pulling from the tension on your hair.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 9:33pm
Did I do something wrong? but these SOB's hurt! I could hardly sleep at night. I took them down after 3 nights. My hair looked awsome-that is after I got my Mullet effect in check( my hubby was so sad to see me take them down) Has anyone else had this problem? I don't want to give up yet or loose out on my investment...but I'm not on the shrinkie wagon-just yet!
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic