Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hawaiian Hair (European) Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawaiian Hair (European) Review
    Posted: February 17 2005 at 6:42pm
I wanted to see what the “European” hair was like so I ordered samples from Hawaiian hair. I was sent many samples of different curl patterns from Susan. The samples were in little baggies marked with the type curl. To find out the curl pattern you have to wet the hair and let it dry. Susan, if you are reading this, next time find a better way to send hair samples by not tying them with a gold string. When washing the hair in this manner some of the hair slips out of the string. I wish I had a sample of what a hand tied weft looks like so maybe Susan when you send out samples you can have them hand tied. On a positive note the hair samples were generous.

Color:. In some samples I found gray hairs and in one there were about 10. I wrote Susan and her reply was, “All I can say is I'm shocked!! Did you take the hair outside in better lighting? Maybe it's an ash color you are seeing, please take it outside and check again. I have seen no grey hair in any of the hair I've been getting from the Ukraine.” In my opinion they looked gray and also to my friends whom I showed the samples to. With the lighter colors the gray hairs were not that obvious but with the brown hair they stood out. The samples did have nice highlights and the brown hair has some beautiful red tones.

Texture: The brown hair (curly) I found was the nicest of the bunch and second in line would be a (wavy) honey blond color. The hair was softer than what I have bought before and it did have a nice shine to it (brown hair). With the lighter colors some were soft but some were on the coarse side. I did not like the curly/wavy combo in blond because it was too coarse for my taste and the extra curly blond seemed dry to me. Maybe this is because it is the type of curl and maybe a shine serum will fix this. Some of the blond colors were nice but some had dry ends (the curlier type). In my opinion if you were to order this type of hair I would order longer because you will have to trim this hair due to dryness and split ends. The brown hair color would need Ľ inch trim and some of the blond maybe 2 inches. I wrote Susan about the split ends. Susan’s reply was, “Some of the hair is split on the ends because that's how it grows. I've ordered really expensive hair from a company that hand ties European hair; the hair looked just like these samples. To have the ends blunt, and cut does not blend in well with the real growing hair, although it's not a problem to do so”.

Overall: The hair was different than my Indian hair that I ordered from Bliss. It has a different texture and is bouncier where my Indian hair is heavier. The curl patterns of this type of hair will hold because it is natural so that is a plus. The hair has cuticles that are all going in the same direction so there was no tangling when I washed the hair samples. What I really liked about the Hawaiian hair (brown color) was how bouncy it is and the texture matched mine. I also liked that the hair does not tangle no matter how much I played with it. Susan sent me a larger sample of the brown hair most likely because she knows I have brown hair. What I did not like about the hair was the gray hairs in it so if I did order this hair I would have to dye it. With the blond hair, before you order I would request some blond hair colors so you can decide on your own about the texture and color since I feel I can rate brown hair better since it is my type.

Would I buy from Hawaiian hair? Most likely for my next human hair purchase. The biggest plus is the non - tangling issue because the cuticles are all running the same way. My way of testing this is if my comb can go through the hair and not knot up the hair. With my Bliss hair I have noticed that the hair knots when wet but is ok when dry. Here and then throughout the day the bliss hair will get some knots and I do not see that happening with the Hawaiian hair. I also liked how the hair was bouncy and finer than Indian hair. I am basing my review for purchasing on the brown hair only (not to confuse anyone). To me I thought most of the blond hair was on the dry side and I stress that if anyone wants to order any hair from this company please send for the samples yourselves and base your own opinion.

Right now my Bliss hair is holding up and I am going to try the Plastikhaar because I love the price of it. Like many of you I just want top quality hair at a price that is not outrageous. The search for top quality human hair seems to be never-ending and even the best of the bunch has its faults, but this type of human hair in my opinion seems to be better than what I have tried (again, brown hair).

What I have used:

Choice Hair, Glamour and Bliss

http://www.hawaiianhairextensions.com/

Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 5:16am
Thanks a lot Kimberley for taking time out to comment and give us your reviews on that hair, hopefully you'll be able to do the same when you've ordered a bigger batch and used it for a while, thanks a lot chick x
dancepassion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancepassion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 12:14pm
thanks for the info on Hawaiian!!  I have tried His and Her and Glamour - didn't like Glamour as it tangled when wet and shed excessively. I have been wearing curly extensions for the past 10 years and have yet to find good human hair!!!  I hope Hawaiian is good.  Do they only sell hand tied??  Can their hand tied be cut???  WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR REPLY TO THIS!  THANKS!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 10:12pm

Sorry I took so long to answer but I have been in and out of the hospital with a very bad reaction to cat scan contrast. 

With Hawaiian hair you can custom order the size weft you would like and the ounce amount.  It is all on their website.  Their hair is very expensive though and if you are looking into a whole head of hair it will cost you way over $1,000.00.   I also do not know what an entire weft looks like since I only ordered samples.  As far as the best human hair out there??  Not sure if there is such a thing.  On the black hair boards alot of the girls like the Nature Girl curly hair.  I also know you can order a sample.  http://www.naturegirl.net/

I myself am looking forward to my Plastikhaar which will be coming in at the end of this month.  A lot of the girls on this board have had amazing results with the synth hair so check out the Plastikhaar site.

Good luck with your search  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancepassion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 9:24am

So sorry to hear about your hospitalizations. Do hope you are doing better. Thanks for the response!! Although I do have a curly weave, I am not Afro American - are the Nature Girl products just for Afro American hair??? From their website, I think the answer is yes. I will check out Plastikhaar as well.  PLEASE let all of us know how you like their hair when you get it!!  Thanks!

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Kimbearly Kimbearly wrote:

If you are looking into a whole head of hair it will cost you way over $1,000.00.

Wow. I didn't realize the hair was that expensive.

Kim: In your opinion, is it worth shelling out this kind of $ for this hair? Obviously, synth hair is dirt cheap (like $60 for a full head), so if you like it, it's a great deal. But how about even some of the more reasonably priced human hair brands? AFAIK, you could get a full head (two bundles) of hand-tied 22-inch Bohyme for about $300, HisandHer Cuticle for about $500, or  Extensions-Plus or Glamourhair for about $400. Do you think HawaiianHair is worth paying more than double or three times the price of those brands?

:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancepassion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 9:55am
Jenny:  I have tried the best Glamour hair twice ( am currently wearing it) and it sheds like crazy after about 6 weeks and mats when wet after about the same time. I take excellent care of the hair and have been wearing a weave for 10 yrs. now. In the past I have tried His and Her Cuticle and I think it is just slightly better than Glamour Hair.  AM ANXIOUS TO HEAR FROM KIM IF SHE THINKS HAWAIIAN IS WORTH THE BIG BUCKS!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 8:35pm

Hi Jenny and new member  Dance

Umm, do I think Hawaiian hair is worth the money?  IMO no because of the gray hairs in it.  I did like the brown hair sample and the way it felt but I was not at all pleased with the blond hair samples because they were dry.   If I am going to pay top dollar for hair I want it pretty much perfect.  I know I said in my original post I would probably buy from them but since then I have learned a great deal more.  There are other sites out there that sell "european" hair.  I put that in quotes because some claim to sell European but actually are selling you Indian hair.  There is a site called European Hair Extensions that claim to have true Russian hair.  When I first wrote them for a sample they said no and that was a few months ago.  I then wrote them again and it took a month to reply but they are sending me samples.  When I receive these samples I will let you know what I think (sending them to me for free too so maybe business is a bit slow?)  There is also a lady in CA that makes wigs, hair extensions and horse extensions.  She also happens to sell European hair - but again her hair is also very expensive.  She is called Candi http://www.candishairextension.com/.  I have spoke to her on the phone and she is very nice.  She will also create a handmade weft for you if you have a cut ponytail.  Her family comes from a long line of wigmakers starting with her grandfather who was a wigmaker for Maxfactor. 

Nature Girl hair is along the same line of Bliss and white women can wear it.  If you are interested in this type of hair (which is Indian) send for a sample.  At the moment I am wearing Bliss and it is the best I have tried so far.  The only draw back with the Bliss hair is the split ends.  I ordered 20 inches they send me mostly 18 and I had to cut it to 15.  Overall I am not pleased with the customer service and I have read on the Black Hair boards that Bliss is no longer shipping hair until fall 2005.  Like I wrote before Nature Girl has had many good reviews so maybe you can check them out.  My bliss hair is about 3 months old now and it is still soft and silky with no shedding - I just wish it was longer and there are still about 3 inches of split ends.  I actually wrote Nature girl last night because I am interested in their hair.  Here is the letter I wrote them:

Hello,

I am interested in your wefts of hair.  How many ounces is one of your wefts and how wide is it?  I have ordered Bliss hair before and was not very pleased with the split ends since there was alot.  I ordered 20 inches of Bliss hair and had to cut 5 inches of it off because the splits were so bad and I still have splits but don't want to loose anymore length.  How are the ends of your hair?  Do I need to order much longer because of split ends?  One more question - is your straight hair the natural Indian hair with no perm to it? This is the type I am looking for since my hair matches pure Indian hair to a "T".

Thank you,
Kimberly

When I receive a reply from them I can let you know if you are also interested.  As soon as I get my Plastikhaar I will also write all about it.  Sara told me she will receive my order buy the end of the month so I am looking to getting it early May.  I will also tell you about the European hair when I receive the samples.  Pretty much a waiting game for me right now since I am very excited to try out my synth hair .

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 9:31pm

You really need to look in Expensions Plus, they sell very nice European hair, and it's pricey too, but may or may not be more pricey than Hawaiian.   I can tell you that there's no greys in their European!

Also, they can make hand tied wefts for you at your specification.

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 9:55pm

Hello,

i am new to posting on this board, i have read for sometime now and thought it ws time to contribute.

This board is amazing, the knowledge here is extroidinary. I am a professional and hope to contribute as much as i can.

concerning Hawaiian hair, a client of mine brought it in for me to install with locs, she did the pre tips her self, the hair was georgous, it was 27"long, the colors were blonde and gold,the only problem she said was it took two months to get the hair.

I have just received some hair from EP and will be installing them this week with shrinks on one client and locs on another. cant wait to see how they hold up, the reviews have been very encouraging.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic