Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DOME COLOUR CHART/MONOFIBRE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DOME COLOUR CHART/MONOFIBRE
    Posted: February 17 2005 at 11:17pm
I just got my Dome Color Chart today. Thought I would post it for you all to have a peek at. You can compare it to the Dome website color chart for comparison.
http://www.domeshoponline.com/shop_us/erol.html

~PLEASE READ FIRST~
The first two pics are the best representation of the actual colors.
I took lots of pics but if I got the colors good the writing was not readable, and if I got the writing clear the pics came out with a shinny,glittery glare. So much for an expensive digital camera!! I tried flash on, flash off!! So this was the best I could get. Sorry guys I tried my best. This is the first time I'm posting pics, so fingers crossed they show up!!

*The first three pics are good color matches.
*The last three pics are only for reading the chart colors.

~THESE NEXT THREE PICS ARE FOR READING COLORS ONLY~

ENJOY!!
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 11:28pm
What are the precentages for on the side ones? Like for example it says Plum 7-30%
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2005 at 11:50pm
The flash really does make it look like synth. My best guess is that those ones on the right are blended shades, like the blue black is 90% #9 (black) and 10% blue.

The colors look so yummy. But Dome is too expensive to ship!

P.S. I'm a veteran now!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 12:12am
VERY COOL!! Thanks very much for the pix. I'm glad to see Dome's range of colors. SAS, how is the texture of the hair compared to other synth you have? Fine, thick, soft, stiff? I know JennyRR says it's comparable to her PH.
Which brings me to......I got my PH color ring today! Woohoo!!!! The color range (natural) is gorgeous. GORGEOUS! But what I most love is the texture: compared to all the other synth I have, it's far softer. Trimco has nice colors but a very plasticky feel compared to PH plus it doesn't curl all that well. WaWa is even a tad coarse (each hair is thicker) and not as soft as the PH. But hey...we must evaluate all types! I'm just glad to finally have a hard copy of the PH colors and texture. You gals interested in synthetic get your color ring orders in asap! You won't be sorry.
Regardless, I still want to order a bag of Dome just for comparison's sake...it looks lovely.
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 12:47am
syrn i'm sure someon would be glad to send you a strand of dome. i left mione at my extensionist. he is going to send it back to me next week. i can send you some then. for one bag you will have to pay $20 shipping if you are in the us.
i love plastikhaar
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 1:38am
That's awesome - taking the pics in natural light w/out a flash. Comparing the same colors, you can really see the difference when a flash is used.

I know with the WaWa hair, it really looks fake when a flash is used but in person it looks unbelievably like real human hair.

I'm rambling. Just wanted to say nice pics!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 1:40am
Emma~ I'm going to post the only info I got with the chart, which will explain the percentages. I thought the same as Leia.

Syren~ I wish I could answer your questions!! This is the very first synth I have ever ordered. I've only worked with human hair. This is super new to me, and I have nothing to compare it too. I will be getting the PH color rings next week, so then I will be able to see and feel the difference. Jenny has a PH and Dome mix, so she can tell you texture wise the difference. It looks a little shinny and feels like fibre, not like hair at all to me but that's just because I have never used synth. I can't wait to get PH, just to see the difference. I will order Trimco, Prostyles and what the heck some WA WA then see what I like the best. I think the synth Amm found looks more like human hair than this does, just from what I see in the photos. I guess you just have to try them all because it's really how they hold up at the end of the day.

Okay heres the info...............

MONOFIBRE PAINTBOX
Monofibre is available in a range of 18 pure colours. This is the monofibre palette for infinite color mixing.

COLOURING WITHOUT CHEMICALS
An outstanding breakthrough in hair colouring monofibre paintbox allows you to introduce any colour to your clients hair without using of chemicals. No mess, no waste, no mistakes.

MIXED COLOURS
Stocking across each colour is essential for maximum colour scope. The colour mixes on the chart use every colour in the monofibre spectrum. Each shade has a percentage breakdown for your easy reference.

COMPLETE COLOUR OPTION
Use monofibre for lowlighting and highlighting add perfectly matched or vibrantly contrasting colour to your clients hair. Unlike chemical colour monofibre will never change or fade. Prolong the life of an existing chemical colour by adding monofibre to the hair. You are able to upkeep chemical services while the client is wearing extensions. Monofibre is not affected by chemicals.

NATURAL COLOUR MATCHING
Select the monofibre base shade nearest your clients own. Layer all toning shades on top. Mix half a bale at a time. Adding 5% ratio of the secondary colour will give a soft hue to the choosen base shade. 15% a visible tone, 25% will lighten or darken, 50% will give a new base shade. Follow the colour mixing techniques on the Dome Foundation video. Nothing could be simpler.

CUSTOMISED COLOUR
Mix the monofibre in front of your client as part of the extension service. Customise the colour down to a single strand. The colour is guaranteed before work even starts on the head. Total client satisfaction.

MONOFIBRE- THE BRAND LEADER FOR PROFESSIONAL HAIR EXTENSIONS. IF IT DOESN'T SAY MONOFIBRE ON THE BAG, ITS NOT IN THE BAG

Thanks Amm, just saw your post!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 3:40am
CONGRATS LEIA!!YOU VETERAN YOU!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 5:05am
Thanks for posting that, SAS. It's great that they give you the mixing info! Dome actually does sell a bunch of mixed colors through its Prolin line, but they are really expensive (4 times the price of its regular monofiber) so I would only recommend buying them in an emergency.

The Dome hair I got--look, feel, shininess, etc.--is extremely like PH. If the strands were cut to the same size, I'm not sure if I could distinguish between them; the Dome was a bit wavier right out of the bag, but they seem about the same now.

The level of shininess seems to be more related to the color ordered than the brand (as far as those two brands are concerned); with each, their white shades were significantly matter than the blonde shades, which were shinier, imo. My hunch is that all synths are going to look somewhat fake when shot with the flash and, thus, when worn in certain lights, but I could be wrong, too.

Again, thanks for posting that!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 5:19am
No Problem!! I'll post Trimco, Prostyles and any other synth color rings/charts I get along the way.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by MERGUTHRIE MERGUTHRIE wrote:

syrn i'm sure someon would be glad to send you a strand of dome. i left mione at my extensionist. he is going to send it back to me next week. i can send you some then. for one bag you will have to pay $20 shipping if you are in the us.

COOL, Merguthrie!! I would love to get a sample of your Dome hair...and in return, I'll send you samples of anything and everything I have that you would want: Trimco (in a rockin' gold blond), WaWa (it's dark #4, but you can see how it feels and curls)...and that's about all I have synth-wise. I threw away the stuff I bought at Hairpiece - it was ZiZi or ZuZu, something like that. Nothing special.
Anyone else who would like a sample to check out the texture, etc., bm me with your address and I'll put it in the mail.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic