Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

quick question on hand-tied wefts! :D

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aeone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: quick question on hand-tied wefts! :D
    Posted: February 24 2005 at 1:26am
Hi ladies!

Just a quick question - Has anyone ordered the
"Super Remi™ Micro-Thin Weft" from Super Hair
Factory before? (this page)

I'm wanting to get some 18" hand-tied wefts - but
not in the same colours >.< (mmm, funky colours),
and it looks like SHF sells the wefts in singles,
judging from the price and weight.

But if so, what's your opinions on the hair? :) :)
(edit:: and does anyone know of other places that
sell single h.t. wefts like this online? ..hehe)

Thanks! :D
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 10:51am
I order the Super Remi hand tied from Super Hair Factory all the time, and I've never had a bad batch.
kristinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 12:23pm
I have a question on this similar topic.
I just orderd the Super Remi Platinum and when I ordered it the guy on the phone told me that the Bohyme was much better and had a gaurantee of no tangling for 4 months as opposed to the Remi that had only 1 month.
What is your thoughts about the difference between the two.

btw: hi all
Aeone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 12:35pm
Thanks Metalgirl ^.^

Are the ht wefts sold singly (sp?) ? :) :)

Or am I just nuts and imagining things? :) :)
Aeone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 1:20pm
Okie ...so my husband just called SHF about the
wefts and all - I was dying of curiousity.

The wefts are 10" long, and are sold as singles...

But - The customer service guy was pretty bad.
Not very helpful, and borderline rude.

And the shipping costs are -atrocious-. We were
going to be charged 40+ bux for the 3 ht wefts at
first, but we requested priority mail via USPS.

(The Cust. Serv. guy said he didn't know what that
was, and after Pook's explained what the US
Postal Service was, and the cost of basic Priority
Mail ...They agreed, but charged us 20 bux even.)

So, basically - We'll never order from them again :|

I just hope my hair turns out ok :| hehe :)
patsycrime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsycrime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:03pm
hisandher.com sells their 50% italian mink ht by the piece (it's an option in thier catalog, but i'm not sure about the website) saucyblossom has used their 100% mink with high praise....
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:11pm
Aeone,

I'm surprised that you had a bad experience with Super Hair Factory. I always place orders over the phone, and they are always helpful.

As for shipping, I usually have it delivered via UPS to my salon, and for 3 day UPS it's about $18-20, certainly not $40. Did you want it sent overnight or something, because that is the only reason that I could see they would charge you so much for S/H.

Yes, the hand tied Super Remi comes in single pieces that are 10" wide and weigh 1/2 ounce each. I think the Super Remi's quality is just as good as the Bohyme machine wefted.

Sorry you had such a bad experiece.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:36pm
I placed an order from superhairfactory.com a few months ago, and I thought the guy on the phone was a little rude, too. Another time, it was perfectly fine. I've never had any problems with the product or the delivery, though.

My greater concern about superhairfactory is that several U.K. members of this board have had big difficulties with them, including Amanda. They charge a fortune for shipping overseas, but apparently they don't make that clear upfront, so the customer only finds out when the tranasction has gone through.

Then--and this happened to two of our UK members--they canceled their orders and tried to get refunds, and superhairfactory refused. One member eventually got her refund only because Paypal stepped in, and the other (who I believe was Amanda) was still waiting the last I heard.

I've really never heard any complaints from U.S. customers, but overseas buyers should definitely beware.

:)
Aeone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:59pm
Well, every once in awhile I'll come across people
who think Alaska is some foreign country, and in
our experience, that usually drives them to say
something along the lines of, "Expedited shipping
only." ..or something just as ridiculous.

Hehe - That's probably what he wanted to do,
expedited via UPS. We don't do UPS all that much,
they're not reliable at all up here, going from the
lower 48 and up.

He was pretty rude tho, and was very uppy, like
we were just wasting his time - who knows, maybe
he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed :p

I'm not too worried about them trying to jack us,
tho - we made sure to use our credit card to order.
^.^

okie /rambling ..i just woke up long enough to read
the boards :D hehehe :)
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 4:49am
Jenny - I still haven't received a penny back from Unsuperhairfactory.com, I've put it down to a bad experience now and don't expect I'll receive any back xx
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 5:03am
Originally posted by Amanda8Beechwood Amanda8Beechwood wrote:

Jenny - I still haven't received a penny back from Unsuperhairfactory.com, I've put it down to a bad experience now and don't expect I'll receive any back xx

That is seriously messed up, paying all that money for products you didn't even receive. Maybe you should start another thread detailing your experience and demanding a refund, then we could all jump in with our support and you could email him the link. Usually, I would recommend contacting the seller, but I know you have contacted him numerous times already at this point. :)
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 5:18am
To be honest I can't really be bothered with it anymore, it makes me so angry, I can't be doing with the stress, I will certainly never order from them again that's for sure, if I lived in USA I'd be round there xxx Thanks for the suggestion anyway chick its very much appreciated xx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic