Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TOO EXPENSIVE VITAMINS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TOO EXPENSIVE VITAMINS
    Posted: January 12 2002 at 2:40pm
I`ve looked through this site and I`m sorry but the price of the vitamins are outragious. I know if I had tons of money I`d buy the vitamins.. as well as I`m sure TONS of people would. But the fact of the matter is.. alot of people aren`t going to pay THAT MUCH for vitamins. Why are they so expensive? And is there any way to get all the vitamins that bottle has to offer.. yet cheaper?
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 5:43pm
Actually, the H37 vitamins sold here at this site are the best priced on the Net. Although the H37 manufacturers actually sell the vitamins at higher prices due to a recent price increase, HB.com did not raise their pricing. H37 and HairTopia are also a lot less expensive than Vivisical or some other vitamins that are of less quality.

If you want to find out the ingredients, you can get them off the site here and make a list and go to a health food store and buy the ingredients and make your own homegrown vitamins. I suspect you may find it costs you more to take the time to duplicate the vitamins than to buy them ready made.

Jane
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2002 at 7:03pm
I don`t know.. I just don`t feel like paying 40 bucks or more for vitamins that I don`t even know if it will help me out or not. Yes, they have a money back guarantee .. I guess I`m just very skeptical about things like that.

Besides... I don`t have a credit card so how would I buy them??
Karen M. Shelton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen M. Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2002 at 12:38am
Originally posted by AmberJune AmberJune wrote:

I`ve looked through this site and I`m sorry but the price of the vitamins are outragious. I know if I had tons of money I`d buy the vitamins.. as well as I`m sure TONS of people would. But the fact of the matter is.. alot of people aren`t going to pay THAT MUCH for vitamins. Why are they so expensive? And is there any way to get all the vitamins that bottle has to offer.. yet cheaper?

Hi Amber,

Warning...this will be a very long response so proceed at your own risk.... :-)

You posed a very good question and I think I can shed some light on this very complex issue. I just spent the better part of 2001 working on developing HairTopia and so I witnessed first hand why certain hair care products like hair vitamins cost certain amounts. I also looked at creating some custom shampoos & related products for HairBoutique and abandoned the process when I figured out how much it would cost to create our own formulas.

The cost factors can all be summarized into a simple concept of ingredients.

For example...if you buy PertPlus shampoo made by P&G you pay approximately $2.59 for 6.8 ounces of shampoo. Phytotherathrie charges $18 for their PhytoCitrus shampoo for 6. 8 ounces.

If you read the ingredients on the two different bottles you will see a major difference in the quality & quantity of the ingredients. The overall difference in the two products is significant. I know, I have used both products and I would never consider selling PertPlus on HB.com even though we have that option. I know that Phyto charges a lot more but after spending 2 years working with the people at Phyto I also know that it is one of the better shampoo lines you can buy. They really care about quality and their customers. And yes, it costs a whole lot more than PertPlus. I could probably talk for hours about the differences but ultimately it is one of quality and ingredients and even packaging. PertPlus comes in a plastic bottle with minimal instructions. Phyto comes in a special glass bottle to protect the oils and other ingredients from impact from the cheap plastic bottles. It also includes a comprehensive instruction insert. Finally the service you receive from HB.com when you order Phyto is very different than what you receive when you buy PertPlus at the grocery store.

This concept is virtually the same with champagne. You can get Korbel at the grocery store (if the county is wet where you buy it) for under $10 and while some people like it, the quality champagnes like Krug & Crystal can cost 10-30 times what a Korbel will cost. Some Krugs cost in the $300 range and you are lucky if you can even find it to buy it. The difference again is the quality of the ingredients, packaging, production etc., This is true for chocolate and cars and jewelry etc etc etc.

Bottom line, consumers for the most part, get what they pay for. I used to question that concept but after spending years buying hundreds of different hair related products I have discovered that products are priced according to what they cost to make from the ingredients, manufacturing process, packaging (glass vs plastic, etc.,) distribution, marketing and customer service.

H37 was custom designed by a hair chemist to include a special composition of vitamins, amino acids and herbs in harmony to effectively help the body grow stronger and longer hair. There is tons of info on HairBoutique.com about H37 and how it was developed but I can tell you that the ingredients are top of the line and they are not cheap. The best possible ingredients that promise the best results are used in H37.

HairTopia was created with a similar premise of top of the line quality ingredients and is also based around the known hair growth formula of vitamins, amino acids and herbs. I spent over 1 year talking to several chemists around the US about the pros and cons of every single ingredient that ultimately was included in HairTopia. HairTopia, like H37 has top of the line vitamins, herbs and amino acids as well as MSM. HairTopia was designed to include additional ingredients that are not included in H37 like MSM and a different type of amino acid formulation as well as different combinations of herbs and vitamins.

Wholesale from our manufacturer (different from the H37 manufacturer) HairTopia is expensive. That does not include our costs for labeling, shipping to the HB.com warehouse, storage of the thousands of bottles we are required to buy in order to even buy wholesale and costs for indendent lab testing to guarantee the formula quality. We also pay salaries for people to handle customer service issues, questions and we offer other services that cost us money to provide. It all adds up in the ultimate cost of the product because we are a business and we do have expenses to cover.

Yes, there are tons of hair vitamins on the market but there are only a handful like H37, Viviscal and Hairtopia that were custom developed to offer the highest quality ingredients in a multi-step process that works on 98% of all people that try one of the three formulas. Again, people get what they pay for.

The reason we offer a 100% money back guarantee after 45 days on both H37 and HairTopia is because we believe both products work for the majority of people. 95% of all other vitamin companies will not give a refund. So if you buy a $15 bottle of a single step hair vitamin and it doesn`t work, you are completely out the money.

The reason we publish the ingredients for both H37 and HairTopia is that we have no objection to people purchasing all the individual ingredients themselves to make their own vitamins. There is definite advantages to buying a product that is custom designed and manufactured to provide a specific benefit. However, it is true that if you buy all the individual ingredients it may cost you more than if you buy the H37 or HairTopia already formulated.

I use myself, Jeff and many of the HairBoutique.com contributors as guinea pigs. I took H37 for over 2 years and logged the results. It worked very well for me. I also took HairTopia for months before we sold it and it worked better for me than any other formula I have tried. I have also purchased every vitamin known to me that is designed for hair. This includes GNC brands, Whole Food brands, Solray, Natures Gate, Frontier, Michaels hair vitamins and custom herbs to name just a few of the many I tried. I can honestly say that I believe HairTopia and H37 to be of the highest quality at a fair price.

Although we don`t sell Viviscal for many reasons, we do have the option to do so. I think that it is a hiqh quality product but I had some issues with the pricing and decided not to carry the product at HairBoutique.com. I may change my mind some day but for now we don`t carry it.

I care very deeply about HairBoutique.com, our visitors and our customers. I personally pack many of the orders that leave our warehouse every day and examine everything that is brought in or goes out of our online store. I don`t always do it the best I can but I promise that I do try. I make it a personal policy to never sell products that I don`t believe are a good product or buy or haven`t personally tried. I believe in H37, HairTopia. I think they are a fair value for what they provide.

I realize that they are not for everyone and that the price may be too high for some. I respect that and understand that everyone has to do what is right for their own needs and pocketbooks.

Please feel free to post other questions and I am always happy to answer personal emails sent to shelton@hairboutique.com about anything at HairBoutique.com...good or bad. :-)

Thank you again for your question. Sorry for the long response.

Best wishes,
Karen

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2002 at 8:30am
Well, another thing I was wondering... what if I did want to buy these vitamins? How would I do that? I don`t have a credit card!

Thanks for your long reply message... it was very helpful!
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrey Hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2002 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by AmberJune AmberJune wrote:

Well, another thing I was wondering... what if I did want to buy these vitamins? How would I do that? I don't have a credit card!

Thanks for your long reply message... it was very helpful!

AmberJune,

We accept checks and money orders in addition to credit cards in the HairBoutique.com Marketplace.
Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
RedHead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2002 at 8:35pm
OMG, these people are trying to convince you that there is no other way!. Go to the nearest GNC and buy ultra nourishhair, it is just as good, and is around 11-12$ for a bottle of 60. You dont need the hair vitamins they sell on this website, the price is just wayyy to high!!
Long, red, slightly wavy hair. Trying to go grow very long! It`s about 3.75in. from my belt now :)
MEME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MEME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2002 at 8:40pm
I agree! I am eating lots of protein (atleast 40g per day) plus a cheaper hair vitamin complex from GNC and my hair is growing very fast! H37 and HairTopia are not the only things that will help you grow your hair!
MEME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MEME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2002 at 8:42pm
A good diet and a simple supplement complex is all it takes! No need for spending tons of money!
Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 12:09am
Originally posted by RedHead RedHead wrote:

OMG, these people are trying to convince you that there is no other way!. Go to the nearest GNC and buy ultra nourishhair, it is just as good, and is around 11-12$ for a bottle of 60. You dont need the hair vitamins they sell on this website, the price is just wayyy to high!!

I think your post is very unfair.

Amber June started the thread and very specifically asked WHY the various vitamins costs what they cost and Karen took the time to explain in fair detail. Nowhere did it seem to me that she was trying to sell anything to anyone. Neither was Jeff. He was again answering Amber June`s questions. Which she posed all by herself.

I think the people are just trying to help and are not trying to push anyone into anything.

Jane

Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 12:11am
Originally posted by MeMe MeMe wrote:

I agree! I am eating lots of protein (atleast 40g per day) plus a cheaper hair vitamin complex from GNC and my hair is growing very fast! H37 and HairTopia are not the only things that will help you grow your hair!

No one said that hair vitamins are the ONLY things that make your hair grow. This thread was started by Amber with questions from Amber specifically about WHY certain hair vitamins cost what they do. My comment is that Karen should not have wasted her time trying to help by answering.
Jane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 12:16am
Originally posted by MeMe MeMe wrote:

A good diet and a simple supplement complex is all it takes! No need for spending tons of money!

I think the good folks at this site would agree with you but the point is that Amber started the thread with a specific question about the H37 hair vitamins. If she had not started this thread I am sure that Karen and Jeff had a lot better things to do with their time than try to answer her questions.

In the grand scheme of things H37 is much less expensive that Viviscal or some other products. It is all relative and I am sure that Karen and Jeff would be the first to tell you that they think everyone should do what is right for their own needs.

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 12:54am
Hi Jane & all,

My response to Amber above was definitely designed to answer Amber`s questions

and I specifically said:

"I realize that they (H37, HairTopia) are not for everyone and that the price may be too high for some. I respect that and understand that everyone has to do what is right for their own needs and pocketbooks"

If that sounds like I am trying to force, convince or coerce anyone to buy anything from me of the site, my deepest apologies. My goal was to give Amber the very best and most honest answer I could give about why the vitamins cost what they cost.

Amber, if you email me privately at shelton@hairboutique.com I will make sure you receive vitamins we currently have in our store at no cost to you as a way to show that I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I am only sharing what I know from my own personal 15 years of hair growing experiences and from what I have heard from hundreds of people who have taken the various products.

It is hard to be able to give my honest opinion, which I know is mine and not everyone agrees, and yet not seem like I am trying to convince anyone of anything or trying to sell anything.

Also, we do list every single ingredient in the vitamins we sell and we encourage anyone to use the list to make their own formulas or buy whatever they feel is best for their hair whether it be $11 or $111 a bottle.

My apologies if this was misconstrued in any way.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 2:50am
wow Karen!!!

You guys impress me.

To add my own: I think that to get an idea of why the price is different in the 37 and Hairtopia you have only to read the ingredients.

It so happens I make up my own at present because I am already taking (and therefore have) a lot of the ingredients, including the amino acids and minerals.

But whether you buy the ingredients in the formulas sold here, mix and match with your own you will pay about the same for about the same ingredients. And yes, it is easier to have them, or most of them in one bottle, which is why I will be going to one of the Formula`s when I get done with my mixing of current vitamins.

Also, obviously if we all ate the way we should we probably wouldn`t need this. So - who gonna tell me they are doing that. Because if you are you are also your perfect weight and at maximum health for your genetics, right. I know that`s never gonna be me - so I make up for my "sins" as well as I can in other ways...gabi
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
GodivaFan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GodivaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 3:13am
Hey Karen,
No need to apologize. You were just answering the lady Amber`s questions. I have never experienced you here as trying to push or sell anything. I have read posts where you tell folks not to buy something from the site because you don`t think it would help them for some reason. It was very nice of you to offer Amber vitamins at no charge. You are a class act lady.
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 9:16am
I have to agree with Jane. She beat me to it. I have no idea how some people can read into something that isn`t there. Karen did a wonderful job of explaining what the ingredients were and the amount in the product. Plus my I add that everytime I have ordered something from Karen and Jeff I had very good service. Never had any problems.
dianefromcanada
Merlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 10:04am
Diane and Jane said it very well, Karen. I have never found you to be anything but polite and informative in answering ANYBODY`S questions without "forcing" somebody to buy a particular product. No need to apologize. You do a WONDERFUL job! :)
Merlin
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 10:12am
Hey! Thank you all so much for your input.

I`m very pleased with the long responce Karen wrote to me. I am probably going to order some eventually. I also thank Jeff for taking the time to help me out!

Yes, I know that there are various things to buy to get your hair to grow...but for right now I think that the vitamins might be just what I need. I don`t want to have to take a million vitamins when I can just take one from H37.

I hope they work for me. If not.. I can always return them.
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 10:21am
Also I would like to point out that, Karen, in NO way needed to apologize!!
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2002 at 12:22pm
I used HF37 -- no exp with HairTopia tho -- and they worked well for me.

I just can`t take any mulit vitamin bc my body revolts...headaches, nausea...etc....my doc says it`s because there is something in the vitamins that my body doesn`t need.

Let me clarify that it`s not just with the vitamins here, it`s with ANY multi vitamin! :)

I take b complex and vitamin c and that`s it.
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic