Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Totally O/T: Colored Contacts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Totally O/T: Colored Contacts
    Posted: March 03 2005 at 6:30am
Just veering from hair for a sec....

Does anyone here wear colored contacts? I remember when everyone wore them in the 80s, and I thought they looked kinda strange then, but the ones I've seen lately look really good.

I wanted to try out a few different colors, but I have no eyesight problems at all--this would just be for fun/cosmetic reasons. I should mention that I wear a ton of eye makeup (I don't know if this would pose a problem). My eyes are naturally a sort of nondescript green/gray color.

Can anyone tell me if this is advisable? And if so, is there a brand you'd recommend? How much do they cost? Can I buy them online?

(I would've posted this in another forum, but you're my girls, so I trust your advice!)

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 6:59am
Jenny I wear corrective contacts in royal blue, my eye color is a very dull blue/grey. So I like the enhanced color. I know that many contact lense manufacturers do make non prescription colored contacts just for fun and even some really wild looking styles. Although I think I remembr seeing the price and it wasnt alot less expensive for the non-prescription lenses. I also wear quite a bit of eye makeup.... eyehadow, liner and mascara and its never been a problem. You just put contacts in before doing makeup. I think if you do a search you should be able to turn up something.
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 8:06am
Hi there Jenny, just a note on contact lenses, I wear the daily disposable ones but I tried the coloured ones once. They didn't suit me because you know that stuff that you sometimes wake up in a morning and its in the corner of your eye (we call it sleep in UK but I didn't know if you'd know what I mean), well anyway I (which apparently is a common problem) produce a high amount of this so my coloured ones only lasted a few months before they got a build up of the protein (sleep) that just wouldn't come off them, no matter how long I soaked them in the solution, so you should be aware of that when you purchase them. If that's a problem then they do do non-prescription daily colours as well and you could then perhaps get a month's worth wear them whenever and just chuck them away xxxx
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Amanda8Beechwood Amanda8Beechwood wrote:

They didn't suit me because you know that stuff that you sometimes wake up in a morning and its in the corner of your eye (we call it sleep in UK but I didn't know if you'd know what I mean

EPP! eye poo poo
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 10:35am
Yes, I've tried them. I am attaching a photo of what my very dark brown eyes looked like with these in. . .they are called "Fresh Looks Color Blends" and this is the grey color. I really really liked the look -- it was not fake at all. What color are your eyes and what color are you wanting them to look like?

MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 12:21pm
I have naturally green grey eyes...

sorry it is sideways

glasses with natural color

but i wear aqua contacts http://lensdirect.com/asp/product.aspx?id=233
(not good for brown eyes, they come in monthy and i think yearly too)

contacts

I love the way my lipstick makes my contacts/eyes look

(GUYS I JUST HAD SURGERY SO I HAVE NO MORE CROOKED EYES!!!! YAY!!!!)

i love plastikhaar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 12:22pm
grrr dup post
i love plastikhaar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 12:22pm
grrr dup post
i love plastikhaar
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 1:30pm
There are colored contacts called Blends or Blendz from B&L that you can get from Pearl Vision, that are really good. They have beautiful colors that don't look too alien-like.
I get them for about $1 a lens, wear them once and boot them. Christina
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 6:19pm
I wear colored contacts and they have been a god send to me. I
have the Dura Soft, sky blue, green, and brown. I pay about
$180 per pair every 6 months. I think the non-prescription ones
are about $90 a pair. I really love them, but you need to keep
them lubricated in your eye, as they can seperate from your eye
a little causing a slightly blurred vision. If I have the car window
open and the wind is blowing in my face or the car fan is in
direct contact with me, or when I'm on a plane is when I really
need the drops the most. As long as you keep that little bottle of
rewetting drops with you, you'll be fine. I wear make-up with no
problem, unless I get a little bit of mascara to close to my eye
lid, then it can cause a little irritation.

Jenny, just make sure you don't ignore the build up and keep
them clean, keep your contact holder filled with solution on you
(for emergencies,as you need to take them out on the spot) and
the rewetting drops and you should have no problems.
I LOVE THEM JENNY- GO FOR IT!!

Edited by Save~A~Stray
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 6:28pm
I have steel grey eyes, and I usually wear clear contacts, but occationally I wear colored ones, in pale blue.

Word of warning, I see better in the clear contacts, and they are more comfortable. (of course the pale blue ones are actually custom made corrective theatrical lenses, so that may be why they arnt as comfortable)
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:04pm
I have worn corrective colored contacts before and they are a fun change. I have naturally brown eyes, and I have used the Fresh Look Color Blends in Aqua, Blue, and Purple. I like the look, but I prefer my brown eyes because with brown eyes I can wear more dramatic make up without looking over made up. (if that makes sense!)

I have ordered from www.1800contacts.com and they are very prompt in getting the order out to you.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:05pm
I have worn corrective colored contacts before and they are a fun change. I have naturally brown eyes, and I have used the Fresh Look Color Blends in Aqua, Blue, and Purple. I like the look, but I prefer my brown eyes because with brown eyes I can wear more dramatic make up without looking over made up. (if that makes sense!)

I have ordered from www.1800contacts.com and they are very prompt in getting the order out to you.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:10pm
Thanks, everyone! (I never knew so many people wore colored contacts :) .)

I think I'm going to give it a whirl then...

:)
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:11pm
Man, what's up with this site? LOL!
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:13pm
i've heard of the color blends but what's the name of the ones that completely changes the color of your eyes? I know Paris Hilton waers them to cover up her brown eyes... There's a girl around town who wears them too but I haven't had the courage to ask her what kind they are. They're completely different from the color blends, they make you look like you were really born with blue eyes (or whatever color you choose)! I want some!

Alyssa_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyssa_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:34pm
Kristin, I believe they are coopervision natural touch or ciba elegance opaques (same lens marketed by different companies).

Also, coopervision expressions is a cheaper and disposable version of the same lens.

Edited because I linked the wrong lens pic ;x
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:36pm
Thanks everyone--I had no idea so many people wore colored contacts.

I'm definitely going to give 'em a whirl!

My eyes, by the way, are green-gray. If I want bright blue, let's say, do I order the same ones as you would use if you had brown eyes, or is it different based on your natural eye color? I'm still a little vague on that part.

:)
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:41pm
I used to wear durasoft. I haven't worn colored lenses in ages, but you can find lots of them at http://www.1800contacts.com/productlist.aspx?dl=c

The opaque lenses intended to cover dark eyes are a different type from tinted lenses, and much more expensive.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Alyssa_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyssa_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:42pm
Jenny, your best bet is to find a store that will let you try on samples. What looks good on one person just doesn't work for another, sometimes. Pearl Vision used to let you try samples, not sure if they still do or not, and my local sears optical does this also.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic