Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OK...I did it...with the ExtendTube kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
juliejetson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OK...I did it...with the ExtendTube kit
    Posted: March 09 2005 at 12:12am
I think it looks great. Props to your helper friend too.
SuperFly9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperFly9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 10:08pm
More hair?.... Geez, I thought I had put too many. Since those pics were taken on Sunday, I have done alot more trimming so it does look better now. I have approximately 130 of the 3mm tubes, I can't tell you how my head gets hot while I'm sitting at my desk at work. I'm also outside alot training in the late afternoon, I swear those little metal tubes get REALLY hot when you're outdoors. I don't think I will do my whole head again like this. I am doing a girls hair on Friday and will most likely do cornrows and extentubes combined.

The hair I used was a no-name cheaper brand by HairSense, Inc. Brand-SENSEE SILKY - Type: Silky Straight (Straight my ASS, I looked like I got a permanent after I washed it!) #SH-22 Color #6 and I don't have the number of the lighter shade I used....But I still like it. The fullness is nice. I only paid about $98.00 total for both colors. The hair is not a real high quality, but it feels real healthy. You can tell it is a combined type hair. It has been dyed and there are several course hairs throughout that you know were not from the same head. I'm still happy with it though.
Kori T.
divinediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divinediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 3:57pm
They look very nice....although i'd say u need a tad more hair in it to fill in the gaps....but it looks fab!! well done

xx
It doesn't have to be natural to be fabulous!!!/
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 7:47am
Hi Kori!

You did a wonderful job w/the extendtubes! What kind of hair did you use?
It is what it is...
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 11:48pm
Really Kori! Way to go! It looks fantastic - really natural and good blending! Isn't it empowering to be able to do it yourself - even if it takes half your life?! And like everyone said, it does get faster the more you do it, if only cuz you get so darn sick of it your hands just go on autopilot.

Ohhhh, poor Sherrie...why don't you come on out for vacation and one of us will do your hair!!
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 11:43pm
WoW Kori! Your hair looks awesome! I'm glad you liked the Extendtube kit It always takes longer the first go around so hopefully it will go quicker next time

Once again, Great work!
SuperFly9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperFly9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 10:50pm
Reformatted the pics in photobucket, but the pics on here are still HUGE....should I start-over?
Kori T.
SuperFly9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperFly9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 10:41pm
Anytime, Sherrie...anytime!
Kori T.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 10:36pm
LOL....I know how the 8 hours feel........hehehe. It definitely gets quicker the more you do it, like anything! But I do my own, all by myself and I still spend almost that long! Oh it would be so nice to have a willing helper!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 10:36pm
Kori,

If you used photobucket, just log in and go to "edit photo," then you can reduce each one to 75 or 50 percent of its size. It'll automatically update the photos on this thread, so you don't need to edit anything in your post.

If you want to stack the photos vertically, rather than horizonally, just press return (or enter) after each image end tag.

:)
SuperFly9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperFly9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 10:30pm
Oh yes.... a friend helped me, she did alot of the work as I talked her through it. We used a tech from the Dr.Locks site. I usually do the cornrow and sew the hair onto it and have had nothing but satisfied people with it....trying to find new techniques as I am learning a great deal from you ladies. These are my first extensions for myself, kinda wanted to know what it was like. I feel if you're gonna do them for somebody you should know what it's like yourself. Thank you for your compliments... It took almost 8 hours...talk about trial and error!!!

It took about 150 tubes, sizes med and large...I bought my hair at a store in Upland from a woman who I let match my hair. I wanted two different tones of color as I rarely would dye my hair in the back and underneath. I bought wefts and cut into small link-fitting pieces. I want to learn how to make my own pre-tipped hair like I just read in another thread. WOW!
Kori T.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 10:26pm
It looks absolutely stunning! Very natural! This is your first install? Very well done!
SuperFly9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperFly9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 10:25pm
Thank you..... still not sure if I want to do any more cutting....damn, I gotta reformat those...they're HUGE... Thank you Siren
Kori T.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 10:24pm
It looks absolutely gorgeous! And I really like the way you've cut and curled it.

What kind of hair did you use and how many extendtubes (what sizes, etc.)?

I know you were worried beforehand that it might not blend well on top, but it looks flawless. How far up on your head did you end up going?

Again, it's an amazing job! Congratulations!

:)
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 10:19pm
wonderful job! it looks so natural :)
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 9:51pm
You have to upload them first - if you don't use one of those services already, try photobucket.com. Be sure to edit your pix on your computer in Paint or another photo edit program so the pictures are smallish - not poster sized. Then upload them to photobucket.

When you're ready to add them to your post, click the "image" button below, paste the url of your first picture(at photobucket) in between the square parentheses the image button will produce, and you're good to go. Do the same with all the pictures you want to post.

Sounds harder than it is. It's easy.
SuperFly9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperFly9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 9:43pm
Ok, ladies.
I purchased my Extentube kit from HairCandy.com. I had already bought my hair several weeks ago. I used 100% Human hair and taught a friend what I wanted her to do. The only mistake we make was to use the blond-colored tubes at the top..oh well. I will redo them later. Here is a before shot, after shot and then again after I cut it. Please...give any input you can. I hope to get really good at this and do it again in about 6 weeks....now how do I attach pics to this thing....?

OK, here goes nuttin....

OK, hopefully thats the end of the editing....I know they are kindof big, it's my first time.... is that better?
Kori T.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic