Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

simple weft installation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: simple weft installation
    Posted: March 09 2005 at 8:19pm
I'm trying to think of an easy way to test out the OPH hair, and suggestions are welcome. Obviously, clips would be the easiest, but that won't help me see how it holds up to washing, etc. I know Rae uses microrings for wefts, but I have a terrible time removing microrings, especially from the back of my head.

So, how about adapting it for shrinkies? I think the criss-cross method would be hard to remove, so maybe just a single strand bunch for each shrinkie.

My other idea would involve bonding. I know Sherrie has said she doesn't like using LG for short-term use, and I'm too poor at the moment to fork out the money for Chrissie V. Is latex always super-hard to remove? I remember our guy in the Easter play who was having a hard time getting the latex out of his hair.

At any rate, what I'm looking for is opinions for the easiest way for me to install a row or two of weft, test it out for a week or two, and then remove it.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 8:23pm
Leia
I can only give you my advice on latex. I've glued wefts with latex several times and never had any problems. I used baby oil, patience, and an all purpose comb.
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2005 at 9:23pm
Leia, if you want to use LG for temporary bonding, I would just use the glue sparingly and not do the 'sandwiching' method. And only apply the glue to the weft and not to your natural hair too. (I normally suggest just the opposite for a long hold). By doing this there wont be as much glue in the hair and removal will be easier. And oily remover will break the bond down but it just needs to really soak for awhile to loosen it. It takes a little patience, but Ive personally found latex more difficult to remove cause of the gooey-ness. I generally use acetone for removal, but wont suggest it. Acetone doesnt work as well on a fresh tight bond, but on worn bonds that are already deteriorating it removes it quite easily.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic