Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mirror to do back of head

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
boogiemama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boogiemama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mirror to do back of head
    Posted: March 11 2005 at 12:12am
I just use a hand mirror. I section, then "feel out" the partings and double check with the mirror. Then I braid in, wrap and heat seal without looking.
It's a pain in the butt and takes me 2 days to finish my head with lots of breaks and resting time for my crossed eyes.
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Jenny_RR Jenny_RR wrote:

Welcome KB,

To post pics....

Good luck! :)

Thanks Jenny. Meantime, heres a link for a mirror identical to the one i use. I've had mine for a few years, and I didn't pay nearly this much for it. I'm sure they can be found cheaper on the net tho. Mine was around $25.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001WIYB4/sr=1-3/qid=1110517825/ref=sr_1_3/103-9187237-4495009?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

K-B
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 6:27pm
Welcome KB,

To post pics, just upload them to a site like photobucket.com (you'll have to open an account if you don't have one already, but it just takes a few minutes and it's free). Then, once the photos are in your album, you can just paste the image link (which will have the IMG tags on either side of it) into your thread.

Sometimes, the photos are huge, but you can easily downsize them using the edit feature on photobucket.com (just go into edit, and hit reduce by 75 or 50 percent--whatever you prefer), and then you're set.

Good luck! :)
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 3:13pm
Hi, I'm new here but the type of mirror i use to do back of head is like a swing arm mirror that extends out. It mounts on the wall and u can extend the arm out about 25 inches. It helps a lot! I would post a pix here, but can't figure out how to do that yet.
K-B
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 1:49pm
Jogy, I heard of people using 3 way mirrors, or even a video camera positioned in the back of you and then watching it on the TV at the same time... I with ya though... I'm like how the hell do people do their own heads???

I'm gonna give it a whirl myself this weekend, so we'll see!!
It is what it is...
HUMAN HAIR 100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUMAN HAIR 100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 1:39pm
i use mirco stand method and i use a long mirror and lean it against the wall and have another mirror in front of me and position it so i can see the back. (does that make sence? i hope so) maybe you could try this? or even get one of your friends to do it for you
SASHAS HAIR SHOP
Joginny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joginny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2005 at 1:00pm
How does everyone do the back of their own head with shrinkies? I tried by just feeling around and it looks like a mess. Holding a mirror would be too difficult, I saw a mirror on a cord that wraps around your neck to keep your heads free, but I cant remember where I saw it and where to order one. Any suggestions? What does everyone else do?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic