Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what's the best hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what's the best hair
    Posted: March 11 2005 at 7:27pm
I don't know specifically about the yaki textures, but in general the ebonyline remi hasn't received as good a reviews as the Bohyme. :)
sadyia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 5:49pm
I just went to ebonyline.com and saw some remi yaki for 60 dollars. Is that a good price. Is that a legitimate hair or am I looking at the wrong type? Help...... I'm so confused
sadyia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 5:41pm
Thanks so much!!!!!! I think I'm going to do some on myself. Do you have any suggestion for keeping it maintained. I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks and its real humid where i'm going?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 5:41pm
Don't mind us--Sherrie and I have a longstanding habit of posting the exact same stuff at the exact same time! LOL! :)
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 5:39pm
Sadyia,

Welcome!

As Sherrie said, finding good human hair is a challenge--and an expensive one at that! To a certain degree, it's also a crapshoot since the hair can vary from batch to batch and these things are somewhat subjective anyway. Extensions hair does need to be thoroughly brushed, from ends to tips, twice a day--especially if it's quite long. But if you're getting a lot of additional tangling, it's poor-quality hair.

Without knowing what color, texture, and length you're looking for, I'd suggest checking out all of the ones Sherrie mentioned:
Bohyme: http://ebonyline.com/
Glamourhair Remi at http://glamourhair.com
His and Her Cuticle at http://hisandher.com Extensions Plus at http://extensions-plus.com/

Hairpiece's 101 and 909 have also gotten some decent reviews: http://Hairpiece.com

My personal favorite is His and Her Cuticle, but it's quite expensive. People have raved about both Glamourhair and Extensions-Plus. And Bohyme, imo, is more reasonably priced and probably the best value for the money.

Good luck! :)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 5:29pm
Most local beauty supply shops carry standard non-remy hair. You wont find much high quality hair in BSS but Im sure some do carry it. heres a few links to some of the better brands of hair.

www.ebonyline.com
www.glamourhair.com
www.hisandher.com
www.extensions-plus.com
HUMAN HAIR 100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HUMAN HAIR 100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 5:16pm
It sounds like you have used standard human hair (which has its cuticle stripped and the roots in all directions) this hair is very cheap and easy acessable but will tangle because the roots are not in the natural growing direction and will frizz because it has possibly been put through an acid bath as part of its process.

The best hair you can get is called European Remi hair and comes in all different brands. this hair is alot more expensive and not as accessible. But you wont have any trouble with tangling or as much shedding with this kind of hair.

SASHAS HAIR SHOP
sadyia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 5:13pm
Sherrie215 Thanks for the advice, where would I buy the hair. Could I get it on line?
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 5:05pm
LOL I think were all still searching for the best human hair! Which is partly why many of the ladies here have been switching over to synthetic! Of course opinions will vary from person to person but some of the brands that seem to get consistantly good reviews are Bohyme, Glamour hair, Hisandher cuticle hair, and Extensions-plus. There may be some others too but Im not coming up with them right now!
Sadyia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sadyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2005 at 4:23pm
I recently put shrinkies in my niece's hair(2 months ago). The results were great, but she is experiencing a lot of tangling. It first started happening after she washed it the second time. I was wondering what is the best type of hair to use to avoid the tangles and where do I get it from.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic