Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

steaming ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: steaming ???
    Posted: March 12 2005 at 10:30pm
Umm, the folks over at the Long Hair topic rave about jojoba oil. You put a few drops on your hands, rub them together, then smooth it onto the hair. It's worth a shot. Otherwise, I've always been a proponent of lots n' lots of conditioner.
kristinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 10:12pm
My common sense must have gone to bed already. Sorry. So is there anything that can make HH soft?
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 10:08pm
Somehow I think steaming human hair would make for major frizzies. The steam melts the plastic of synth hair enough to reform the shape (it seems to have better results than heat from a blowdryer).
kristinc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristinc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 10:00pm
Can you do this with human hari as well?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 4:10pm
I don't know of any tutorials, and there's a thread her, but it doesn't tell you much about technique: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB_AP934431446&id=9127 You'll need a steamer to do this, and you'll find the info in the thread.

I can't speak about the WaWa specifically, but I imagine it's the same with any synth hair: You're basically doing a blowout, but with the steamer, instead of the blowdryer (it'll look like you're vaccuming your hair, if that makes any sense). Go section by section, bottom layers to top layers; you'll probably need to clip the upper layers up while you're doing the bottom ones. Use a good brush, meaning one that really gets through the synth hair well--not a smoothing, or boar's hair one. Detangle the hair completely before you start.

Just keep in mind that this will make your hair pin-straight. It will eliminate any bunchiness or frizziness, but you'll need to reset the curl, if that's what you want. If your hair isn't bunching or frizzing much, you can steam it in hot rollers or braids, which will help to set a curly or wavy style. I don't think this will "smooth" the hair in the same way, though.

Good luck! :)
octmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2005 at 2:11pm
I am looking for a link on how to steam this WAWA hair - I can't figure it out - do you use a special tool??
maybe I am being brain dead today.
Thanks
Octavia
Faces of Pain - One woman's Journey with Chronic Pain
www.octavaia@got-to-have-art.com
A world without ART is a world without color
GOT ART???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic