Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help?
    Posted: March 13 2005 at 1:09am
Hello everyone! Hows things? I found this site when i typed in shrinkies on yahoo.

Anyway i have dyed my hair you know where its blonde on top and brown under?

Well i left the bleach hair dye on for a little to long so silly.. i went to wash the bleach off my hair and i had noticed a fair amount of hair falling out as i washed it.. im not been big headed but my hair was to perfect people said i looked like a hairdresser they even thought i was at collage doing hairdressing.

I feel so ugly without my hair i was really gutted when it fell out because i normaly hide behind my hair if you know what i mean?

I was so upset most had falling out and its well shorter then it used to be.

I have bits shorter then the other sides etc like the left to right.

I was wondering could i use micorings or shrinkies on them? to give the hafe of my hair thats falling out a nicely touch again?

Will this made my hair worse or what?
Just my friend said i shouldnt get hair extensions because my hairs so weak.

And also i see the clamp thing for the shrinkies couldnt i just use my hair straighers on them to stick them on my head?

Any help would be lovely thank you xxx
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 1:21am
Hi Nic and welcome to the board, there are alot of wonderful and knowledgable ladies here to help you.

First off, I dont bleach so I cant help you there.

Without actually seeing your hair and what condition its in its hard to say but your friend could be right and extensions might make it worse.

That said, shrinkies or microlinks/extentubes could help you while your hair grows out. Those that have tried both say that shrinkies are gentler on the hair than mircrolinks.

As far as using your flat iron on shrinkies, there are mixed emotions on that one. Some have had success and some havnt. I personally did NOT have success using a flat iron on shrinkies and I dont recommend it. From what I can tell, shrinkies are kind of picky about their heat source and if I ever try shrinkies again I will definetely invest in the correct iron for them.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Nic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 1:33am
Thank you very much EmmaSkye for your reply.
Im really grateful for your help thanks a lot xx
Nic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 1:53am
I was also wondering when i buy hair if i either use the microrings or the shrinkies can i keep the same hair ive bought or do i need to keep buying more hair? Or is this a silly Q?

LOL i dont know much about it ..
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 4:18am
That all depends on the hair. There are miles and miles of discussions on this board alone about human hair, alot of people are doing exeriments with synth. Ive switched over to synth myself. Are you going to do indvidual strands or wefts?
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 7:58am
If your hair is very fried, I wouldn't recommend shrinkies, actually. I don't think it's advisable to apply any glue or high heat to overprocessed hair because if it's really fried, it's probably very porous and may not be strong enough to endure the removal. Shrinkes are nowhere near as harsh as fusion, but still, the hair needs to be strong enough (have enough cuticle intact) to separate itself from the bonding agent, if that makes any sense. I actually think extendtubes might be a better choice, but careful application and removal is key, of course. Anyway, I would suggest you do extensive strand tests, including removal, before you do a full head of either of these methods. Thicker hair is always more resilient than thin hair, so if your hair is thick, you'll probably have more possibilities.

Braiding, whether tracks with wefts or pinchbraids, or heat-seals (in which the synthetic hair is sealed only onto itself, not your real hair) may also be options, but you'd probably need to get it done by a stylist.

Good luck! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic