Topic ClosedTips For Cutting Extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips For Cutting Extensions
    Posted: March 13 2005 at 8:34am
So I was thinking of buying one of those razor/feather scissors so I can trim my own hair occasionally. I've used normal shears on human before, but it seems like the razor cutters are a necessity for synth.

Any tips or tricks? Or is it just a matter of...um...cutting?

:)
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 9:08am
Jenny~I haven't worked with synth yet.......but I have heard you definitely want to use a razor and a new blade each time or you can damage the hair if you don't.

marie87 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 9:36am
I love my feather razor Cheaper ones don't cut as well I think the blades are better. One tip I can give you when I am cuting the length of my cliants extensions I allways razor a couple inches above what I want to cut first. That way wen I cut the botom it is not so thick and looks more natural.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 11:08am
yeah I have a tip for ya Jenn....use a light hand with the feather razor....LOL Or you'll end up with a big chunk missing! (Learned this from experience!)
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 11:12am
I cant really say whether an expensive one cuts better? I think its just a matter of keeping a new sharp blade in it in my opinion. I think I spent $6 for the one I got with 3 different texturing attachments. They all use standard size blades I think. And I have no complaints with the way it cuts, it does a fantastic job, so long as I have a sharp blade.
FinaFina View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 11:51am
Whatever blade you use, just realize that using it on synth hair is very different from using it on real hair -- i.e. the synth *trashes* the blades. I've completely wrecked my 2 best pairs of haircutting scissors. . .
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 1:19pm
Thanks, girls. That's all helpful.

Watch out when I get one of those things; it could be truly disasterous, lol! :)
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 6:09pm
Yeah I was in the process of styling my just installed hair. (I always lightly layer tall over with the razor, then razor in a few layers to frame around my face)

I had already done my layers through the back and realized the blade was getting dull, so I put a new blade in to layer the extensions around my face. Not realizing just how sharp my new blade was (and not thinking about how much pressure I was applying with my duller blade) with the first swipe of the razor I took out a whole chunk right in the front! Ive larned to always keep a sharp blade in the razor and use a light hand! hehe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic