Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

question about pre-tipping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question about pre-tipping
    Posted: March 13 2005 at 4:01pm
ok so i finally have all my hair delivered and i have most of it pretipped except for half a batch, my question is since im using extentubes is it still necessary to go back over it with nail glue? im just not sure if everyone recommends the nail glue for shrinkies or if it has added benefits for the tubes also, thanks!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2005 at 4:05pm
I think it probably has the added benefit of making the tip more secure and less prone to shedding, but I would only use a tiny bit of the nail glue so they're not too stiff. That said, I don't think it's a necessity. :)
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 11:54am
thanks jenny : )
mochachip View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 12:08pm
I pretipped with regular hot glue for my ringed extnesions. The biggest problems was that when I actually took the rings out the tips fell apart. I would suspect this is less of a problem with LG but would be similar with latex if you don't use nail glue.

:)al
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 12:26pm
Whatever you do don't just tip with latex if you're using micro rings because the latex will get in the hair cos its still tacky xx
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 12:33pm
LG alone typically flattens and spreads the tip when using extentubes. Remember, you're squeezing them under pliers and the more pressure you use, the more it will splay the tip under the ring. This can lead to shedding and then you'll have to redo the tip again if you plan on reusing the strand.

Nail glue doesn't have to make the tip so solid. Instead of dripping it right on the tip, use a glossy surface (I use junk mail envelopes), put a drop or two on there and then dab/drag the tip through it. You can still protect your tips with nail glue without having the discomfort or inconvenience of rock hard tips.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic