Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - This is what my hair looks like..what should i DO?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This is what my hair looks like..what should i DO?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xoxsn0whitexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This is what my hair looks like..what should i DO?
    Posted: March 14 2005 at 1:36pm
Hey this is what my hair looks like...its pretty thin and very blonde...ridicuously blonde..i try to dye it darker but it fades away in like a week..no matter who does it..but anyways... I want to get extensions and i was going to see what everyone would recommend on my thin hair. It actually just got cut so its a little shorter than in the pictures....and i have bangs which i hate...so i really want the extensions!! Thanks
Eryn
http://member.onemodelplace.com/member.cfm?ID=133285
just go to that site and its me! Thanks
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 1:55pm
i love plastikhaar
xoxsn0whitexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 1:59pm
If you the read the top thingy it says link to Link to Model 133285 on www.onemodelplace.com on the public server... :-)
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 2:17pm
erin. my hair is your length.

http://www.textamerica.com/user.images.x/44/IMG_352644/_0227/T520050227150027446.jpg

i have had my hair since feb 4th and it is just this past week becoming detectable i have pichbraids. you should read the beginners 101 at the top of this page.

i would recommend shrinkies or links since you are a model and you want something less detectable. where are you. prohair/boogiemamas attatchment method seems very undetectable....
i love plastikhaar
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2005 at 6:52pm
Honestly, since you're a model, I really wouldn't recommend getting standard extensions (those that stay in for months) at all, although I would recommend clip-in extensions, clip-on ponytails, falls, pieces, wigs, etc. Those can be great for photo shoots and events (often better than "permanent" extensions), but you won't run the same risk of damaging your hair or committing to a certain look that may not work for a certain assignment.

I've never been a model myself, but I've been around that business a lot, and the art directors/photographers/hairstylists really like to dictate the look of the models at shoots, which is why agencies generally encouage models to stay as "natural" as possible and to keep their real hair fairly natural and unstructured. That way, if a client wants you to have extensions (and God knows, they use them all the time), they'll add them (and pay for them) and then cut and style the hair accordingly. If you just want extensions for your portfolio shots, again, I would recommend clip-ins or pieces.

Most of us (since we're not models) can get away with doing a lot of things to our looks that just wouldn't fly in the modeling world. And if there's some damage to our hair, well, it's our hair--we're not being hired or fired based on that. But your situation is different, so I would recommend giving it a lot of thought and perhaps consulting with some industry people first.

Beyond all that, looking at your photos (which are georgeous, by the way), I think you're going to have a lot of challenges finding an "ideal" extensions system. First off, your hair looks like it's thin, fine, and straight, which always makes it harder to conceal extensions; plus, your hair's like white-blonde, and--take it from another thin, fine, straight, platinum girl, although mine's bottle-blonde--it's almost impossible to find the perfect shade in decent-quality human (you look lighter, and less gold, than 613 to me). Again, these issues might not be a big deal for most of us, but if you're modeling for a living, that's a whole 'nother story.

Just my two cents...

:)
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 12:00am
On the other hand, if you're in the swimsuit-modeling market, people aaaaaalways want long hair.

I think your hair's perfect for extensions. Yes, it's thin, but you'll just need to keep them further away form your part and hairline. The thinness makes it easier to blend with the extensions, and the length is very easy to work with. Pinchbraids might not work the best, ad your hair seems to lay very flat to your head...something like heat-sealed (Dome/Prostyles), microrings, shrinkies, or possibly a bonded weft or microring-weft method would work best.

-Rae
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 1:03am
Eryn~ I have had a little experience in the modeling/music biz
world and I think Jenny sums it up pretty well. I used to work for
a modeling agency and a lot of the girls are required to have
matching ponytails and hair pieces to take along to photo
shoots. Most of the time a hair stylist on set will have a variety of
wigs,lace fronts, falls, ponytails, clip ins,,,,,,etc.... and some
stylists also like to do the weft bonding method for quickness. I
do not think you should go with anything permanent like a
fusion method but find a more temporary method, You need to
be able to change your look at the drop of a hat so I would look
into a good set of clip ins for now, until you have decided what's
going to work best for you.

Good Luck !!

Edited by Save~A~Stray
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 3:02am

Originally posted by zapevaj zapevaj wrote:

On the other hand, if you're in the swimsuit-modeling market, people aaaaaalways want long hair.

True. But she already has fairly long hair, and as SAS said, I think pieces, wigs, clip-ins, etc., would be a better investment. She could certainly have a few pics of herself taken in those.

Again, it'd probably be good to consult with some industry people first. But in my mind, it's the same thing as with makeup: You'd never show up to a professional modeling job with makeup on, because they'd want to do that there. And if you had some permanent makeup tatooed on your face, that would probably limit--not expand--your options. It's the same with hair, really, but to a greater extent, imo. I've never seen a model show up for a job or a meet-and-greet with extensions in, let's put it that way.

:)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic