Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a lot of make-up or natural?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2003 at 8:54am
I wear no foundation or eye make-up at all, however I do wear a very sheer lipstick with a hint of pinky-red.
I have tried wearing foundation but it (a) made me look like plastic woman (b) prevented my skinn from "breathing" - I felt like I was wearing a mask (c) made the cleaning of my skin at night more thorough than I would like and led to dryness/over-moisturisation syndrome.
Wearing "full" make-up, i.e. every feature enhanced, makes me feel like a clown.

Much happier relating to people with my God-given, natrural face (with a little bit of brightness on my lips).
Uzi

Ellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2003 at 1:58pm
I'm not entirely keen on my face but wearing lots of makeup never looks as good! I usually just wear a teeny bit of blusher cos I have real high cheekbones and then I play a lot with my eyes, lots of black mascara - and eyeliner - sometimes I make my eyes all egyptian and flicky, sometimes all feline, sometimes thick, sometimes natural. I've got lots of lovely liquid eyeliners in different colours like purple etc etc so I can play around with them depending on my outfit and sometimes I pop a but of funky bright eyeshadow on, sometimes at the edge of my eyes blended in if I'm going somewhere nice, wearing something nice, or just want to look particularly funky!

bluebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2003 at 12:39am
I prefer the natural look. Think it looks much better, it's hard to look at a woman with a ton of make up on.

I'm getting to the point where I seldom wear make up anymore, unless I'm going out.
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2003 at 8:01am
Hi! I'm with Turquoise Girl- I don't wear makeup to cover up my face or because I think there's anything wrong with it (well, I do think that, but that's not why I wear it...) I tend to wear a lot, tho, cuz I just like experimenting with different looks and playing around with different colors, etc. Mainly I just wear a lot on my eyes- I'm a junkie for dark liners, mascara, and eyeshadows. On the other hand, I'm pretty comfortable not wearing any at all, too (that's the days like today when I wake up late and its cold and I don't feel like moving at all :)).

Inga
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2003 at 7:07pm
i only wear a little. when people wear a lot it is more shocking when they don't have any on- they look so different! i don't think makeup should be worn because you don't like your face without it- its suppose to be fun (like art for your face). its more important to me that i'm wearing sunscreen than that i put all my makeup on. for everyday i usually just put on sunscreen, some loose powder and clear mascara. if i do wear more then its something fun or funky like bright colored eyeshadow.
caro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2003 at 4:03am
What do you prefer: wearing a lot of make-up or just a bit or absolutely nothing?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic