Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question about an eye shadow shade and 'bare minerals'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about an eye shadow shade and 'bare minerals'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bluebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about an eye shadow shade and 'bare minerals'
    Posted: February 19 2003 at 12:49am
I love the look of natural eye shadow, I often see celebrities wearing a real neutral shade of brown in their crease - their eyes look bigger...I either pick shades that are too dark brown and make my eyes look deeper set or a shade that is too orangish. Yikes.

I'm wondering if any of you know of a shade and brand of eyeshadow. I have brown eyes.

Also, my daughter wants to try 'bare minerals; foundation. Wondering if anyone has tried it. What do you think?

Thanks.
Tiffany JE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany JE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2003 at 7:05pm
From the infomercials, Bare Minerals looks really awesome. A powder that covers like a liquid? You can sleep in it? With no problems? A little too good to be true if you ask me. I don't think anything foreign should be on your face when you are sleeping, from the earth or not. And the price is a little steep for somethign you arn't sure even works, ya know? I'd wait until it shows up in stores or other name brands coming out with the same thing. It'll come around. If you wanna pay for it and try, lemme know. My friend told me she was gonna get it but she is afraid to order it and get the wrong shade or have it be really ..bad..heh..If you do get it, post a review or somethin. Best of luck findin out about that junk though. :-)
Tiffany J.E.
'Make one day a good day and
others can follow"
bluebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 3:35pm
I orderered the Bare Minerals for my daughter's b-day.

I have to say I really like it. It makes her skin glow and covers the acne. I use it too, once in awhile, takes me a total of about 5 mins to get all my make up on. It feels very natural.

Another member wrote me about another line called "AromaLeigh" (Thank-you again) I had no idea there were other mineral makeups, I thought it was a new thing. She lets you order samples, great way to try them without putting a lot of money out.

Anyway, just my opinion, but i don't think I'll ever go back to liquid makeup again.

Oh, and the bronzer is a perfect shade for the eye shadow I was looking for.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic