Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

waxing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
~Xo <3 CoW GiRL BaBe ] oX~ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Xo <3 CoW GiRL BaBe ] oX~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: waxing
    Posted: March 01 2003 at 12:38pm
This may seem like a dumb question but here it goes...
i am really tired of cutting myself shaving ( and i am very careful) does any one have a "home recipe" for removing unwanted hair on the legs and underarms? thanks so much!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2003 at 8:37pm
Cowgirl, I've never tried wax on my legs because it seems like it would be too tedious for my personal taste. I use wax strips for some tiny patches of hair at my jawline and even that is a pain for me--literally *and* figuratively!

But I know some girls who go for waxings, they claim it lasts a long time. The down side is that the hair needs to be a quarter inch long before it can be rewaxed (from what I hear), that sounds inconvenient.
[/url]

Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2003 at 9:54pm
I have never waxed either for the reason you stated; you have to grow out the hair on your legs for a while before you can wax and I like my legs smooth.

I don't want to go around for days without having smooth legs.
Lady Maria
snapplegum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snapplegum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2003 at 4:18am
i've waxed my lip hair and eyebrows before. It hurt the first time and it got red and bumply cuz my skin wasn't used to it and because my skin is a little sensative. But after that once you get into the habit and not wait alooon g time until the next wax your skin will be fine. But as for the wax it won't hurt as much as the first time. trust me. sometimes i just go in and im like whooo that went by fast. If you want to stick with shaving but just don't want the cuts try using a shaving gel or try that new girl razor with flowers on it. You don't havta replace the blades, you won't get cuts or nicks, there's a different speed or cut i forgot which depends on what hair your cuttin so if your cuttin like short hair it has this cool button that makes it ez, aand i think its only 20 dollars. Hope this helps! Good luck!
*lub ya lots* RuThi

never give up if you still wanna try
never wipe ur tears if you still wanna cry
never settle for that answer if you still wanna kno
never say you dont like him if you cant let him go..

SANA12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SANA12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 1:24pm
Hi, I used to wax at home before......tho' waxing ur legs is really tedious process. Besides u need some help from friends or family .......especially the back of ur thighs and legs. U can use the cold waxes that r available in the market......make sure that they are made exclusively from bee wax. Tho, the manufacturers say that u can use it cold.....heat it in the microwave a few secs.....it is less painful if it is thin. use it when it is hot...as much as ur skin can tolerate....check with back of palm to be sure. Use platic....saran or something like that.. to pull out the wax. Put wax towards growth of hair and make sure to pull it in opp. directn. that is upwards. use some powder before u apply wax...the results r much better. u need waxing only once a month......and the skin is much smoother. Good luck....happy waxing....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic