Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Facial Bronzers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Facial Bronzers
    Posted: March 20 2003 at 9:57pm
With summer coming ever so closer I am left to deal with the subject of my paleness. Last July I was stunned to find out that I had Melanoma (deadly skin cancer) . So, now I opt to get my tans from the bottle. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a good facial bronzer to use.
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2003 at 11:54pm
I'm sorry you got skin cancer. I'm Hispanic and I do have a "bronze" complexion but even Hispanics and people darker than Hispanics can sometimes get skin cancer, it isn't just fair skinned people.

That is another reason for us to switch to alternative cars and energy sources to reduce pollution.

My best advice is to ask your doctor what he/she would suggest considering your skin. Best of luck!
Lady Maria
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2003 at 7:28am
Hi you guy's, me again..

OMG Trixie me too! Last year. I'm so glad I decided to go to a dermatologist and get my bod checked....I was so Freaked to hear that word Melanoma...I never was a big sun worshiper...

Anyway, I asked my dermatologist that very question, I was just curious to see what she would say,(because I already knew what products I loved...considering my love of the subject). She aid what all Dr's. say, nothing spicific really.

I use a product called SUN they have different strengths, LT. Dark ect. But the reason we like it is the fact that it is already prepigmented...or darkened (Slightly) so you can see where your putting it. Is it blended? Things like that. The color is lovely...not orange at all.

I use it on my face, although this time of year, I mix it with my moisturizer...just because it is winter and I use a powder bronzer anyway.

Cheers!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2003 at 1:49pm
Hi Trixie,

Congratulations on your healthy, healthy decision. Plus, sun damage (which is cumulative throughout our lifetimes) is the number-one cause of facial wrinkling, so there's another reason (as if avoiding cancer weren't enough) to avoid sun exposure. Almost all sunless tanners use the same ingredient, dihydroxyacetone, to produce the rich tan color on skin. The other differences between tanners are mostly unrelated to their chemical composition: consistency (too thin and you get runny streaks, too thick and you might overdo areas), amount of dihydroxyacetone present in the formula (determines how dark the resulting tan will be), addition of coloring agents so you can see where you've applied and the addition of skin conditioning agents such as cetyl alcohol, glycerine and aloe. As long as you choose a product with that active ingredient and without ingredients that will clog your pores (if you're breakout-prone) you should be well on your way to achieving a golden (artificial!) tan. Good luck! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2003 at 1:55pm
Great Info Lyris!!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2003 at 3:18pm
:-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2003 at 7:17pm
Sophie, sorry to hear that you too have to deal with cancer. This Sun product that you suggest---is it sold in drugstores or department stores?

Lyris---THANXS for all the info on tanners. I wasn't aware of any of that!

I love to use a body tanner called Jan Tana....but I want a gentle facial tanner that wont be too dark or clog the pores on my face.
DixieDarlin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixieDarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2003 at 9:08pm
I sunless tan all the time...it's a lot safer and quicker than a tanning bed....the product you use depends on your skin type...go to www.sunless.com to figure out what your type is and what products are best for you...it's been a real help to me...they also give you tips on application..hope this helps!
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2003 at 7:41pm
Awesome website!!!

THANX soooo much
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2003 at 9:13pm
I have discovered that it is better for my face if I sweep on some powdered bronzer after applying my foundation. This gives my face a nice glow without all the mess of clogging my pores with a sunless tanner.
Josie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2003 at 4:46pm
Good timing of these posts. Great info.

I was trying to find a sunless tanning lotion. I noticed that the Neutrogena Bronzer said on the label that it "fades" like a real tan. Has anyone tried that stuff and does it look really dark when you first put it on? Does the bronzer rub off onto clothing? That has happened to me in the past and YUCK what a mess.

Josie

Tap Dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tap Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2003 at 8:12pm
I *LOVE* Neutrogena Sunless Tanning Foam. It comes in two shades: Deep and Extra Deep. One application (I use Deep) leaves me with really nice-looking color.
[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/yerdumm/tapdancer2.gif" />
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2003 at 7:37am
My vote goes towards a product called JAN TANA. You can purchase it over the internet. I have never found it at a store---only online. The fast tan goes on gives you a bronzed color immediately and then stays on for 3-4 days. It goes on really smooth and even. It leaves no orange or weird brown color on your skin. Check it out! I found the cheapest place to order it from at :
http://www.expertfitness.com/jan-tana.html

Just my two cents.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic