Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eye Makeup Remover?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Holli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eye Makeup Remover?
    Posted: March 29 2003 at 5:36pm
I wear a lot of eyemakeup and I really like the Body Shop's Chamomile remover in the cream form but I am always looking for something new that is not irritating. What does everyone here use for eye makeup removal w/out tears?
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2003 at 7:53pm
i heard that jojoba oil works well, but i've never tried it myself.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2003 at 5:37pm
I love Lancome's Bi-Facil. It easily removes waterproof mascara with no rubbing and no greasy residue. A small bottle lasts forever, too.
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2003 at 3:20pm
Clinique also makes a really good eye makeup remover. It's in a lotion-like form, just swipe it over your eyes. I tried some of my friend's and I loved it, been using it ever since!
Kyla View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2003 at 12:27am
Mary Kay's Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover I swear by! It takes off everything, even oil paint! (don't ask) It's even safe if you forget to take out your contacts. An added plus, you can apply makeup right over after you use it. So if you smudge one eye, you don't haveto start over completely!
Ky
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2003 at 8:02pm
The best thing I've found to remove makeup is Albolene. Then again, I don't wear too much makeup, so I haven't shopped around much.

We used to use Albolene in HS theatre. It was the best thing to take off a white clown-like foundation base.

I think it is Mineral Oil based? It doesn't make me tear though, and I have sensitive eyes. Works great!

It is kind of expensive. I think it's like $15.00 a tub? But that tub will last you forever. And I do mean FOREVER. I think my grandchildren will someday see the tub of Albolene I have now in my bathroom.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
sccmoore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sccmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2003 at 12:15pm
Plain old mineral oil.
CarrieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 3:49pm
The blue Clinique eye makeup remover is good (I do not like the purple variety at all- very oily and it tends to irritate my eyes). However, I recently read that Rimmel's remover worked great, so I tried it, and it works really well. It's only $3.97 or something at Wal-Mart, and it takes off my makeup just as well as the Clinique did (for a small fraction of the price)! Rimmel has some good stuff for cheap- I tried their pressed powder as well, which didn't clog my pores one bit and felt very light and breathable.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2003 at 11:01pm
The kind of mascara makes all the difference in the world -- is is water soluble mascara or water-proof mascara?

Water-proof mascara is very harsh on the eyes and really should only be used when it's absolutely necessary.

I use regular mascara and it is easily removed by my cleanser (I used Paula's Choice cleanser for oily/normal skin). I simply splash water on my face and then the cleanser, and the mascara washes right off!

A good test for your facial cleanser is how well it removes eye make-up (except for water-proof mascara). You really shouldn't require a separate eye make-up remover. If you do, then your facial cleanser isn't as effective as it should be.
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 10:57pm
My mom just gave me one that works really well. It is oil based and doesn't irritate my eyes either. I think it is Mary Kay. I love it though. Just remember to shake it up before u open it...oops...
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
trixxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trixxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2003 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Kyla Kyla wrote:

Mary Kay's Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover I swear by! It takes off everything, even oil paint! (don't ask) It's even safe if you forget to take out your contacts. An added plus, you can apply makeup right over after you use it. So if you smudge one eye, you don't haveto start over completely!
Ky
I second this.
blackvelvetclad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvelvetclad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2003 at 2:14pm
I usually use the wash off waterproof products. I use the same thing for removing my facial makeup as I do eye makeup.

no fragrance baby wipes.

They are fabulous for removing makeup and it even leaves my skin clean enough that I dont necessarily have to follow with a washing before bed!

Alboliene is also great. It melts on contact and is very gentle for removing really heavy makeup. The Clinique eye makeup remover is good too, but I prefer the baby wipes. I have used all these products and I have used the Almay eye makeup remover pads as well. I used the ones that have pink lettering. There is also another type that uses blue, but I found it to be too oily for me.

Good luck on your hunt. :)
Purple Haired Freak View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purple Haired Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2004 at 6:25pm
Almay moisturizing eye-makeup remover pads.
IpodBlush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IpodBlush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2004 at 7:34pm
Elissa- I totally agree with you! its the best!
jessicar View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2004 at 7:02pm
Make up remover always stings my eyes. One of the few that doesn't and that is pretty cheap is maybelline expert eyes oil free makeup remover
RavenAngeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenAngeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2004 at 6:00pm
I've been using the L`Oreal Plenitude Eye-Makeup Remover and it's very good. I have sensitive eyes and it doesn't sting since it's hypo-allergenic too. I recommend you try this if you haven't. You can get it at a local drugstore.
shawty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 3:52pm
i have l`oreal`s duble thingy,u know-u have to mix em i dunno wats its called, or i just use cleaning nivea milk,works fo me
Jeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 9:57am
I just found and fell in love with BWC (beauty without cruelty) brand eye makeup remover. It's non-greasy and removes my stubborn mascara without rubbing! It's affordable and I found it at my local Whole Foods store.
VeeDubGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by trixxy trixxy wrote:

Originally posted by Kyla Kyla wrote:

Ky
I second this.

I third this!!! This is the best eye make-up remover I've ever used. You should definitely try it.
skay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2005 at 8:59pm
I  don't like Mary Kay ...but they do have one thing going for them that is  their eyemakeup remover so I fourth the  motion on that.
There is one by Loreal it comes in a little blue box and it is a wipe that is my second favorite remover you can get it at "wallyworld"
Then there is the Ablolene it looks like it would be greasy but its not it is really good but $$.

Edited by skay
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic