Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Lip Gloss?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Camilla View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Lip Gloss?
    Posted: April 05 2003 at 2:00am
I am totally confused. There is just too many and I am not sure what they all do. Do I want one with color or not? Isn't a gloss supposed to be clear for gosh sakes? But yet they come in flavors and colors. Helppppppppppppppppppppp.
Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2003 at 8:29am
I couldn't live without my lip gloss. To me, nothing beats Lancome's Juicy Tubes. It goes on smooth, shiny, and stays on. If you lick your lips it wont disappear. If you use this you will never use another.

About the different types---it comes in some varieties, but if you ask the Lancome representative at the counter, I'm sure she will be able to assit you in picking the one that best suits you.
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2003 at 3:18pm
I use Neutrogena clear lip gloss over my lipstick. A little goes a long way for shine, and it does have a nice taste to it.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2003 at 6:55pm
For this talk-a-holic, I love Mac's lipgloss. It stays on so well. I usually talk off my lip gloss in less than 30 minutes. Mac stays on for 2 hours.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
BlondeBunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondeBunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 10:35am
I like MAC lip gloss in PRRR

MAC has staying power and a nice scent.
Bloodylotus View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bloodylotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 2:59pm
I Prestige's VINYLWEAR. It's a reeealllyy thick lip gloss, and stays on FOREVER, makes your lips look VINYL (the name!). They come in a variety of colors, I use the clear one. Be warned, this gloss is not for those who lick their lips alot or have a tendency to eat with the food touching your lips, you'll end up with food stuck in your gloss! So i guess this gloss is perfect for clubbn or prom...BUT I LOVE IT!!!
wheeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2003 at 8:54pm
My favorite would probably be Victoria's Secret lipgloss (the kind that comes in the pot) in plum wine. It looks good on just about everyone but it's $10.00 for the little container (I'm really cheap)! Still, I think it's worth it.
Ashlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2003 at 3:56pm
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but Rimmel just came out with a new lip gloss that I love, and is super-cheap! I think mine was 2.97 or something like that. It comes in a few different shades. I have a bronze color (goes great with that golden summer glow) and there was a funky violet and a bubblegum pink shade, and I believe a few others. It's thick enough to have staying power, but not so thick it clumps and feels, well...gross. I would definitely try it!
CarrieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 3:54pm
I love Clinique's lip gloss, especially the shades Air Kiss and Kissyfit. They also have some great new shimmery colors that are great for complementing a summer tan. Their gloss is just thick enough so that it wears well, without being too sticky or gloppy. I will have to try Rimmel too... I've had some good luck with some of their products, so their lip gloss will be next. I am a total lip gloss and lip balm junkie, and would have about 50 more tubes/pots of the stuff if I weren't on a budget.
NewOrleansLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewOrleansLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 2:29am
Ahh so many lipglosses, so little time

For the most part, they all the same, unless you are particular about texture and taste.

If you want super shiney lips than MAC Lipglass will do the trick and they offer lots of nice colors. If you just want a clear color than save yourself some money and buy a cheaper drugstore version. I think that wet&wild sells something similar to MAC's clear Lipglass.

Lancome's Juicy Tubes are very nice but, now Loreal has come out with the exact same product only not as many shades (Lancome own Loreal).

If you're just looking for some moisture with a little shine than any of the drugstore brands are just as nice as the department store brands. Lipmedic.com offers a lot of lipgloss/balms for great prices.
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but, wish we didn't."
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 10:45pm
My mother calls me a lip gloss queen. I love it! I never go anywhere without it! A lipgloss doesn't have to be clear...It just looks shiny and is a little goopier than your other lip products (yet totally worth it!). Also, lip gloss moisturizers and -in my opinion- makes your lips look kissable! I don't really have a favorite. I love a lot of them. Although I love colors so I usually buy ones that are colored and flavor is a must for me! I love Bonne Belle's Vanilla Frosting lipgloss. It has a subtle shine, a great taste and smell, and moisturizes really well. Just find a shade you like (try a basic nude shade) I don't suggest buying anything that has a brush with bristles...after a while the bristles come off and stick to your lips...It reminds of kissing my dog after I applied lipstick last night...ewww. anyway, just find something that would be good for everyday wear and go with that. (Oh using an applicator is my favorite way of applying lip gloss!) good luck to you and your gorgeous lips!
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
razziberri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razziberri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2003 at 7:01pm
The best lip gloss in my opinion is wetslicks by covergirl. It's not sticky and goes on smooth. It also lasts a lonnngg time. I have it in clear and sand blast.
Mylissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2003 at 1:01pm
Hey Razziberri!! I'm a fan of those too!! I always have the clear on hand, have also had the sandblast...I like the one (and I forget the name) has sheer red tint to it..also the bronze. I hate the feel of sticky - gooey lips..these are great!!
Mylissa
ApacheRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ApacheRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2003 at 5:01pm
The bestest lipgloss would have to be Naturistics lip gloss stick in raspberrry. It leaves a hint of glossy pink and tastes extremly well!!!
i'm starting to think that i'm kind of
shy
or at least i'd like to be
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2003 at 2:44pm
The all time best in my book is MAC and Lancome Juicy Tubes. They stay on and while they are thick, you can seperate your lips without it looking like you have super thick goopy gloss on. They are a little more expensive then drugstore brand, but then again, you pay for what you get.
pinksaliva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksaliva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2004 at 10:48pm
Lancome juicy tubes work best for me, tho they didn't have the color i tried on at Macys, i bought one slightly redder but didnt really like the results, it came out too red tho its suppose to be a gloss,

I think lancome has two different types of Juicy Tubes or something because one set i got in color, the color comes out clear, and the one one that i have (texture looks different), the color comes out visible... does anyone know about this?
Harvy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2004 at 4:36pm
has anyone tried the mary kay signiture lip gloss?

how do u like it?
VeeDubGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDubGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2004 at 5:11pm
I personally love Mary Kay signature gloss in "Pink Pout", I also find that it seems to last longer then most other glosses.
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2004 at 5:29pm
By far the BEST gloss I have ever had is MAC lipglass. It's super shiny, thick, and stays put for a really long time. Viva Glam is my fav!
Temerity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Temerity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 2:49pm
I LOVE Victoria's Secret Sweet Talk. It lasts forever, looks awesome, and smells like heaven. Yum! :)
Rock Falls Girl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic