Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eye shadow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
freedomseekngrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freedomseekngrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eye shadow
    Posted: May 01 2003 at 12:10pm
Does anyone have a problem with thier eyeshadow during this time? Mine gets oily and comes off anyone with suggestions?
Freedomseekngrl
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 9:17pm
Yes, Mine does too. I have tried over the years different tricks and different eyeshadows.

As of right now, the best is MAC eyeshadows. They actually stay in place all day. I apply at around 7;30 in the morning and I do not see a crease until about 6 that evening.

I love this eyeshadow. It can be a little pricey but it lasts along time.

Check out their wesite. You can purchase it there.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 9:31pm
I have to agree--MAC eyeshadow is among the most pigmented and lasts a heck of a long time. Also, matte shades almost always wear longer than shimmery ones. Check out epinions.com--they have tons and tons of indepth reviews of every cosmetic available.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 4:54am
I have only recently tried Mary Kay products for the first time after meeting a nice seller on my morning railroad commute. I bought a bunch of eyeshadows after falling in love with the promotional materials (they have all of these lovely models and they describe in detail the makeup schemes that appear in the booklet).

Though a bit pricey, I have to say that these are the very nicest shadows I've ever used. Even nicer than the even more expensive Lancome! These are the only shadows that don't crease up on me, even with my twelve hour days. Amazing!

If you cannot find a seller, I have a great one who will fast ship to US destinations for FREE. If anyone is interested, bmail me.

Elissa
[/url]

CarrieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2003 at 4:20pm
I used to have the same problem with my eye makeup. My eyeshadow would crease and change to a slightly different color because of the oil, and my eyeliner would fade and smudge. Then I realized the key was to use a base under eye makeup. I've used both foundation and concealer, sometimes combined with poweder, as long as it's close to the color of your skin and is oil-free. Check the ingredients and make sure there is no oil, or look on the package and see if it says "oil-free"- I've found that most products make a point of stating they are oil-free if they are. If you have to look in the list of ingredients to check, you will probably see some kind of oil in the list. I use my Clinque Almost Makeup right now, which is a light coverage foundation that I don't really use anymore, but it makes a great eye makeup base. For extra insurance, you can put powder over the foundation/concealer before applying your eye colors. If you use loose powder to finish you entire look, brush some lightly on your lids to help seal in the color even more.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2003 at 2:36pm
There are some products that are specifically formulated to go on the eyelid prior to putting on eyeshadow and they will absolutely prevent creasing. My eyelids are really oily but this seems to solve the problem. Revlon makes one but it is sort of hard to find. Merle Norman Cosmetics makes one too. It is my favorite.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Jeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 10:09am

I found that loose powder eyeshadows work better for me, because they don't contain as much oils as compact shadows.

I have been using bare mineral makeup eyeshadows and they've been great for me - no more stinging contact lenses!

deltagirl12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 12:07pm

Hi Hi:

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

I also agree that MAC eyeshadow is one of the best.  It stays on longer and does not run as much. 

Susan

Susan
jane t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jane t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 7:00am
ye mac all the way girl there fluid line is brill as well
msblueyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msblueyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 3:32pm

Amen!

The best eyeshadows I have ever used are MAC and MARY KAY....NO CREASING.....YAY!!!!!!

msblueyes
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 7:31pm
Try applying a concealer first. then the eye shadow.   
NaturalBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 10:18am
I wear loose mineral makeup and I love it there are so many colors and they stay a long time with out any base.  There is a site I get mine from that also sells a base designed to make eyemakup not move www.twistedfayte.com there is a mesage board there too its a lot of fun.
let your beauty be natural!!
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 3:32pm

Hm, how old is this thing?

But hey, somebody resusitated it, right?

And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 3:55pm
Was just thinking. If you used an angled brush to apply your shadow, It would really rock the shadow color.  Could even last longer. Wet the brush first. We've done that.
Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 9:17pm
Has anyone seen the new red eye shadow that's out. Was told tonight it looks fabulous with brown eyes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic