Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

maintaining eyebrows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: maintaining eyebrows
    Posted: June 04 2003 at 1:12pm
For those who trim and pluck your eyebrows, how often do you do so? I suppose you can't pluck everyday (don't want to overdo it), but you can't just let it grow bushier again...

Any suggestions?
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2003 at 6:39pm
I pluck Every. Damned. Day. All of the little hairs grow back at different rates of speed at different times. The good news is, I'm very good at plucking even the tiniest dots of stubble, and the whole thing takes less than two minutes a day. I really don't mind at all.
[/url]

Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2003 at 7:35pm
I wax every 3-4 weeks. Once you get on a routine with wax it's not so often.
Christina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2003 at 9:57pm
I shave mine into shape every 2/3 days
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2003 at 10:50pm
Elissa.
I pluck my eyebrows too. Not every day but often. I'm blonde and have blondish brows that are not real thick. I don't really need to shape my brows daily.
tina
Gally3d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gally3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2003 at 3:04pm
I usually pluck every day that I am going out, and leave the brows alone on days when nobody is going to see me. The extra day or two tends to give me a lil more to grab with the tweezers ^_^;;
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2003 at 3:44pm
Weird! I used to have big Frieda Kahlo brows until I was about 17 and plucked them into thin little arches. They fleshed out some and I'm happy with their current state, but oddly enough the strays take weeks, some even months to grow in again! Some stopped growing altogether. I guess I am a little strange. Not that I didn't already know that!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2003 at 4:30pm
LOL, Lyris. No your right, I alway's recommend that clients go easy on the shaving, waxing or even plucking when your younger...because it can retard the growth.

And in most cases the older we get, the sparcer our brows can get. And sometimes, it's not good.
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2003 at 4:12pm
I just recently shaped my eyebrows. My naturally growing ones are triangle shaped, and I plucked to get an arch. I don't really find the need to pluck everyday... altho since I'm new to this, I'm either worried that I've plucked too much or it'll all grow back.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2003 at 8:24pm
Once every 4 to 6 weeks. My eyebrows are blonde, so when I have a stray one, it's actually difficult to see. I generally wear my eyebrows naturally, but I like to trim them just a tiny bit.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2003 at 2:46pm
I am one of those who plucked and waxed mine away. Now that I am older they are almost invisible and that is not a good thing at all. I hate brow make up but it is the only thing that brings them back.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
kitsylou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitsylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2003 at 4:20pm
I go to Indian ladies to get my eyebrows plucked. The use string and powder. First, they put the powder on the brow then they take one end of the string in their mouth(this part never touches the face) then the other end in their hands and they some how pluck the hair out. It is less painful than tweezing or waxing, it is inexpensive($6) and lasts 2 wks.
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2003 at 8:04pm
I never heard of that before, I need to mention it to my wife.
By "Indian" do you mean Indian from India , or Native American Indian. If Native American what tribe practices this method?
kitsylou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitsylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2003 at 8:52pm
I mean people from India. The ladies I go to started in the back of an Indian store, they just set up a couple of chairs and started doing eyebrows and henna tatooing. By word of mouth they became very popular and pretty soon they had people lined up just for the eyebrow service and had to get their own shop.
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 7:54pm
i do mine every week. my eyebrows are very dark. i've even got my husband to do his it just looks cleaner i think.
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 7:54pm
sorry i did it twice
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by kitsylou kitsylou wrote:

I go to Indian ladies to get my eyebrows plucked. The use string and powder. First, they put the powder on the brow then they take one end of the string in their mouth(this part never touches the face) then the other end in their hands and they some how pluck the hair out. It is less painful than tweezing or waxing, it is inexpensive($6) and lasts 2 wks.

Hi You Guy's...It's called threading.

Here's some Info;
All I can say is, I know I don't have the patience, at this time, to learn this technique.

Threading is an ancient form of hair removal. It involves 100 percent cotton thread,
which is twisted and pulled along a row (as opposed to a single strand) of unwanted hair.

Called "khite" in Arabic and "fatlah" in Egyptian, threading hair is so basic to women in the
Middle East and India that it can be compared to girls learning to braid each other's hair as children.

Traditionally, threading is used on the entire face, including upper lip, chin, eyebrows, sideburns and
cheeks. The emphasis in eyebrow shaping came as a response to the needs of American customers.

Like tweezing, threading lifts out hair directly from the follicle and it requires two or
three swipes per brow. As far as pain goes, the sensation is similar to tweezing, but skin is not as
irritated afterward. Results last two to eight weeks (about the same as waxing).

Though it's fast, precise and relatively painless, salons that offer threading are hard to find
in North America because so few aestheticians are qualified to do it.

Advantages over waxing:

- less irritating, it's the best for the sensitive skin
- helps the local blood circulation
- removes the dead cells
- is not damaging the skin (hot waxing favorites wrinkle appearance)
- keeps the skin smooth
- less painful
- more precise
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 11:04pm
I pluck pretty often. At least once a week. I have bushy eyebrows and i wanted to shape them so I plucked above my eyebrows too eve though I heard you never should! I think it all depends on how often you need it...I am way too scared to wax. Besides, I don't trust myself around wax...what about those other depilatory creams like NAIR? do they work? and if so how long do they last?
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2003 at 7:27pm
I have been on the same routine now for at least the past couple of years.
Every 4 weeks or so I go to my beauty salon appointment. I get my short afro trimmed in the close to the scalp style I wear. I have my nails done. I get a facial and I also have my eyebrows waxed.
I always look forward to going to the salon. So relaxing!
Dazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 1:15pm
Jasmine.....I'm with you! I love to go to the salon (and do the same as you...nails, brows, hair). I used to tweeze the hell out of my brows and had to FORCE myself to stop so I could get them done right (professionally shaped). I'm lucky that most of the hair grew back in as I've been tweezing for 20 years! Eyebrow hair on an average woman takes approximately 62 days to regenerate. It's the slowest growing hair on the human body (unless you've damaged the follicle permanently...in which case it won't return!) mine are skimpy now.....and they used to be very full...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic