Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Big eyes...hot to make them appear smaller?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big eyes...hot to make them appear smaller?
    Posted: August 31 2003 at 3:23pm
I have big eyes and would like to know some makeup technique to make my eyes appear smaller. Can anyone out there help me? I usually wear browns/neutrals in eye makeup, black mascara and brown/bronze eyeliner on the top eyelid. I am light-medium skin toned.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2003 at 4:24pm
Big beautiful eyes are gorgeous. Most women try to make their eyes big.
Why would you want to make them look smaller?
tina
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2003 at 4:29pm
I guess since I do have big eyes I never thought of anyone wanting big eyes. I guess it is that saying, you always want what you don't have. Thanks for pointing that out. ;-)
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2003 at 10:59pm
Always glad to help Dana! -(tee hee)- .
tina
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2003 at 4:31pm
Sometimes it depends on what you mean by "big eyes." It can look really cute when the pupils are large (and less white area), which reminds people of the eyes of a baby. This can be done with good use of mascara and eyeliner.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2003 at 8:21pm
I too don't know why one would want to make big eyes look smaller (I think big eyes are beautiful), but, one technique would be to line both upper and lower lids with a dark liner. Make the lines thin but dark, and use a pointy pencil. Don't smudge.

Elissa
[/url]

Jenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2003 at 3:09am
I have big eyes too, and they usually look best with only mascara or a light to medium eye shadow. Anything too dark or dramatic makes them look worse instead of enhancing. I think both small and big eyes are beautiful, but with big eyes you can get away with wearing little or no makeup more easily.
coolyloe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolyloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2003 at 3:01pm
stop wearing makeup and see if that helps because may be the make up is what makes your eye appear to be a lot larger then it is right now. besides there is nothing wrong having big eyes. you probably look more attractive with big eyes then smaller eyes. one thing I want to tell you is that you need to stop worrying about your body God created you and appriecate what you have because girls out there are probably wanting what you have.
kaylajean444 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaylajean444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 7:37pm
ahh luckky! don't try to make them look smaller!!
niki27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niki27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 2:33pm
I also have big eyes and i find that just wearing mascara  and eyeliner on the top lashes helps.  Applying mascara on bottom and top tend to open your eyes and make them look larger. hope this helps it works for me
niki
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 7:40am
I hated my large brown eyes when I was younger because people were always saying "Oh my God your eyes are so big!" I never took it as a compliment. Now I love my eyes! But what also helps other than less eye makeup, is to really bring out your lips more with vibrant colors, taking the focus off your eyes. I find when I wear less dramatic eye makeup and wear bright lipstick, it balances my face a little more.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic