Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Eyelash Curler?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Eyelash Curler?
    Posted: November 13 2003 at 11:52am
Ok, I am looking for the best eyelash curler for short lashes, asian eyes (whatever that means, LOL... well, ok I have small eyes). After reading reviews about Shiseido, I went and bought it last night. It pinched the sides of my eyes! OUCH! I am returning it today. Do you guys have any favorites? Thanks!!!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/224757/oct2003.jpg
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 7:36am
i just use the cheap ones that come with those free lancome gifts. they work fine for me, but i'm not sure how well they'd work for you. my friend, who is asian, uses this small portable one---i'll ask her where she got it, she seems to really like it.
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 11:12am
Hi Whitney, thank you for asking your friend! I'll wait for your reply.

I am currently using Revlon which is ok, but I am hoping to find something better.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/224757/oct2003.jpg
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2003 at 6:24pm
hey! she said she didn't know the name of it, but i saw it at Walmart....it's pink and white and very small, hardly looks like an eyelash curler. Sorry i don't know more details---next time i'm there i'll look to see the brand name.
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2003 at 10:18am
Aww, there isn't any Walmart close by... I will check Target and Kmart. Thanks!!!
Honey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2003 at 5:53pm
Shu Uemura-- it is simply the best eyelash curler in the world.
Judi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2004 at 9:15am
I have used them all, but the best one I have found is a lash curler by Keyvn Aucoin. You can order from his wesite!
cherryblossom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherryblossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2004 at 1:34am
well i try this electric eyelash curler.. it's superb!i dunno whether u can find it, but it's by talika ... i tried some cheaper replicas of the curler, but believe me, the real one works the best just try it, and tell me how u think bout it
pinksaliva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksaliva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2004 at 10:16pm
Maybe it's me, but I'm asian and pracitcally ALL eyelash curlers work well on me, no matter price or style. It took me a while to get use to some of them, but with practice, using different angles and holding it differently, the key is variation, you should be able to achieve a good curl by experimenting more.
Jeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 10:01am

hi CrazyGirl

Have you tried Zhen cosmetics? They have wonderful products and accessories.

Good luck!

deltagirl12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 12:11pm

Hi Hi:

I have no special brand of eyelash curler.  I use what ever I get free or I buy the cheap ones.

Susan

Susan
poisongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poisongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 6:38pm
O.K. this may sound stupid, but do you use curler before or after you apply mascara? It seems to me that my eyelashes just can get curled either ways!
xktoxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xktoxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 9:24pm
Shu Uemura hands down.
::Only you can judge how beautiful you are::
xxsatiation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxsatiation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 9:19pm
eyelash curlers to me are a waste of time! this shows your mascara is just not working! you need a good mascara, not an eyelash curler!!
LOL
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2006 at 9:46pm
I buy whatever metal curler is available at the drug store. I think I have a Revlon curler at the moment. The trick, for me, is to heat up the curler with a hair dryer before using. I have pin straight lashes and this trick really helps leep my lashes curled all day. 
Follow Your Bliss
Elan Lash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elan Lash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 11:35am

Metal eyelash curlers can be damaging to your lashes.  I recommend a heated eyelash curler by Japonesque.  It's gentle and it can be used on eyelash extensions too.

Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 3:50pm
I have curled my eyelashes for about 30 years. About six months ago, I discovered the Tweezerman Corner Eyelash Curler. I LOVE it. It just curls the outside lashes and looks really natural. I have very long (but stick straight) eyelashes and sometimes when I use a regular eyelash curler it looks like too much. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I like to share when I find a product I really love.
Leadfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 8:43am
I have very long eyelashes but they're straight as a board and don't like to curl easily.  I've tried many different kinds of curlers - heated and non-heated.  The thing that works best for me is using my $3.99 plastic eyelash curler and heating it up with a blow dryer.  This heats it up nicely but isn't a hazard to burn me since the curler is plastic.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic