Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Arm Pits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amber View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arm Pits
    Posted: September 26 2004 at 7:10pm
Hey....I have this problem with my arm pits. I have hair in them (obvisouly) but, when I shave my arm pits they get really red, bumpy, and I cut my self. I use a new razor and everything, but it seems like I jsut cut my self and there is no way of prevetning it. On spring break vacation I wasn't goin anywhere so I let the hair in my arm pits grow out (nasty!) to see if my arm pits would heal. Well, they kind of did, but when I shaved them it got all red and bumpy and full of cuts. So, then I got some lotion/mouse stuff that you leave on your arm pit hair for four minutes then wash it off and it was supposed to some how dissinegrate your hair or somthing...DID NOT WORK!!! I ahd a rash for two days after and it burned. I tried it one more time to make sure I hadn't screwed up or somthing....STILL DID NOT WORK!!! LONG BURNING RASH!!!
So, I am wondering if any one has any advice...is there a really great hair removal product out there? (NO WAX) Does any one have a similar problem with their pits? thanx!
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2004 at 9:03am
Are you using shaving cream or gel? Either the ones made specifically for women or even the men's shave cream which is usually cheaper they're all the same. Some people use conditioner, but I prefer shaving cream/gel. Shave at the end of your shower, after you've soaped up and washed your hair. Softens the hair for easier shaving. Although a little more expensive, I prefer the Venus razor. I shave armpits & legs every other day and exchange my old razor blade for a new one once a week (either Sat or Sun).

Twanda
Kristen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2004 at 3:07pm
You should get laser hair removal. It takes about five treatments and then all the hair is gone. No more rash or red bumps. I had laser hair removal on my bikini area because of the red bumps and after the first treatment I never had any again. It did take six treatments in that area to remove all the hair. I love my results and I'm sure you would too. It's not painful and not too expensive either considering what you gain by it.
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2004 at 6:22pm
Electric razor or like Tawanda said,hair conditioner with a fresh razor,
Starlette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starlette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 8:35pm
The best way to prevent razor bumps is not to shave. But if that isn't an option, then you should try the following:

1) Scrub the area with an anti-bacterial soap to reduce the amount of bacteria on the skin before and after shaving.

2) If a bumpy rash still occurs, try washing with an anti-bacterial soap twice a day.

3) After washing, apply an over-the-counter astringent or hydrocortisone on the infected area to help it heal.

4) Always shave using shaving cream, as plain water won't do the job.

5) Sometimes red bumps are a sign of ingrown hair, so make sure you use a razor with two blades, not three.
joec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2004 at 6:32pm
Hair conditioner is usally better for women than mens shaving cream,wich is basicly a soap.Just straight hair conditioner,not mixed with water,right out of the tube.
Under arm skin is very tender compared to a mans face,or even a womens legs.
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2004 at 7:56am
I didn't know that, I thought they were the same. Oh well women's shave cream of conditioner from now on then.

Twanda
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 7:20pm
I feel for you Twanda. I had to just totally quit hair removal, make up, everything womanly a few years back, because of my skin condition. I hope it works out for you, but if it doesn´t, I can assure you, and all others with the same problems, that there are ways to be a confident and stylish woman WITH bodyhair.

Of course, I shy away from the most body revealing fashions, I am not demonstrative about my hairy legs, but I am comfortable with that. Since I gave up on the "no pain, no gain"-idea, I actually feel much better about myself.

The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2004 at 9:26pm
This is my unusual way of removing arm pit hair. Do you own a pair of extra tweezers?

Well, I basically pluck my arm pit hair when I have extra time. It doesn't grow back for 2-3 weeks at a time, so I don't have to worry about it.

Shaving my arm pits, case irritation, and it generally grows back before the end of the day!

Hope I've helped in any way,
Mary
hlgreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hlgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2004 at 9:30pm
Goodness that would be faustrating! I also read that another woman on the forum uses tweezers... WHOOWEEE! You can handle some pain, honey. I suggest you try waxing.
This is eliminate those nasty razor cuts and stop those painful rashes. There is a wonderufl Hair Removal Microwave Wax Kit for Face & Body which includes the wax, soothing oil (which smells really good), 20 cloth strips, 2 spatulas, and instructions all for a very low price and a lot less pain.

I use it as well and definitly recommend this!

If your interested in it please contact me for ordering information.

H. Green
hlgreen@email.com
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2004 at 1:10am
OUCH! I just wouldent shave my pits if I were you. Who says women HAVE to have smoothe armpits? Screw that if its hurting you that much! I say just leave them be and if it makes you feel better always wear stuff with sleeves, long or short. Cap or bell sleeves are just long enough to hide that but are short enough to still give your outfit a breezy feeling if you live in a warm climate.

Just my opinion!
niki420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niki420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 3:32pm
always read the ingredients, many shaving creams or foams contain propane.
niki
Skzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2005 at 3:09pm
See a dermatologist. My arm pits are a little bumpy, but fortunately I don't get cut when I shave. I actually went to see a dermatologists for a sweating problem and the stuff he perscribed me not only stopped the sweating but made my skin smooth.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2005 at 5:17pm
Don't see a dermatologist, see an electrologist. Painful, time-consuming and expensive, but permanent.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
wolfspeaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfspeaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 9:28pm
Hi, new here. Just thought I would share my storry about arm pits with ya. I used to have the same problem you did with cutting myself and having ugly nasty painful red bumps all over my arm pits. Made shaving, well, the pits lol. I tried just water, different kinds of shaving cream, putting something on afterwards and other things. The best method for me that I have found works, is to shave them dry. I know it sounds even more painful, but it really isn't for me. I no longer have the red bumps and cuts problem anymore. And I only shave my armpits about every 3-5 days or so in the winter or when I need it, and more in the summer of course. It works every time perfectly for me.
Del Piero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 9:37pm
Sucks for you females. 8p

My arm pit hair stopped growing @ 1.5 inches because I never cut it.
EuroDance!!!
Takin it back to the 90's.
Del Piero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2005 at 9:40pm
[double post]
EuroDance!!!
Takin it back to the 90's.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic