Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3 in 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HazelnutGelato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HazelnutGelato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 in 1
    Posted: February 24 2005 at 11:16pm
1) can anyone suggest a good foundation with good coverage? i'm really rosy, and i have combo skin that, unfortunately, breaks out and scars easily. (damn being 16)

2) any good shower gels/treatments that might help get rid of back-ne, preferably in the span of two weeks? and what's causing it? i;ve been putting my hair up already.

3) i'm considering getting a shoulder-grazing cut this summer, a major change from my layered hair that's mid-back length. i have a square face and prominent jaw.

In a word: HELP!

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 7:36am
A recently released dietary study showed that people who drink milk have more acne than those who don't. They guessed it was something to do with the hormones in milk. You might want to give up dairy for a week to see if it affects you this way.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HazelnutGelato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 7:39am
hmmm, interesting.

and they also say milk is good for the skin? confusing.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 2:19pm
because they're trying to push milk. eww. I NEVER drank milk in my teens, just took calcium pills.

the foundation may be causing the breakouts, so I would suggest not wearing any for a week to let your skin breathe and heal. Use a gentle face wash twice a day, and acne cream on you pimples. Dont pop unless they're just begging for it (you all know those ones, with the huge whiteheads) For drugstore foundation I would suggest loreal Extra coverage Line minimizing makeup, but be easy with it, cacked on foundation never looks good, or for something even thicker, MAC has some very good foundations to chooce from. Personally Iw ould recommend light coverage, such as clean and clear, then use concelier on the bits that needs to be covered more.

As far as acne on the back, I would suggest loose fitting cotton tee shirts, and an acne wash such as nutragina body clear body scrub. also, when you condition your hair, bend forward and do it that way, making sure no conditioner touches your back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HazelnutGelato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 6:22am
I, unfortunately, adore dairy. I simply try to block the image of a cow from my mind.

Thanks much! :D

JenW View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2005 at 9:31am
Try Camomile (pink stuff) lotion on your zits, it drys them up and doesnt irritate your skin, calms the red.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic