Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rosacea - Metrogel doesn''t work for me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GoldDiva View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosacea - Metrogel doesn''t work for me
    Posted: March 26 2003 at 1:15pm
I have the type of rosacea that makes my face red and blotchy but I don''t get pimple, thank God for small favors. My derm told me to use the topical Metrogel. Not only does it burn my face, I seem to get headaches and stomaches after I take it. It does help my skin but the cost to my stomach and head seem to cancel it out. My derm told me that I should try antibiotics instead which worries me due to yeast followon attacks. UGH. Anyone have this problem? What did you do? I have temporarily stopped my metrogel.

Thanks in advance.
kab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2003 at 6:55pm
Ask your dermatologist about a steriod free product called elidel.
BreSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BreSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 8:15am
I have had Rosacea for over 15 years now. I first tried various antibiotics which caused yeast infections and I had to decide which was the lesser of two evils. Usually, the rosacea lost because although it looked bad it didn't feel that uncomfortable except for the warm flushed feeling. So I usually just suffered and looked scary. When Metrogel was introduced I found great relief with it. You need to be careful with Elodel. It is not recommended for long term use. I found Murad products from an infomercial in 1994. The combination skin formula (there are other formulas for different skin types) has been a miracle for me. I have had very few rosacea breakouts since I have started using. An added bonus is that my skin looks better then it did 10 years ago. I would die if they stopped making it. It is a little pricey $40 for a 3.3 ounce bottle but it lasts me 6 months. It is a gel base and I apply it in the morning after my shower. It is cool, refreshing and tightens your skin to relieve and sags or puffiness. I don't wear makeup except for mascara and lipstick and get compliments ALL the time on my skin. I have a fair complexion with freckles. The Murad took a little time to get used to. It burns a little at first, but if you can get past that the results are fantastic. It also evens out skin imperfections (i.e.- blotchy, irregular pigmentation, etc. It is certainly worth trying. I currently get it at Ulta. There is a website too: www.murad.com. Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic