Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cetaphil?????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carole Lee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carole Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cetaphil?????
    Posted: March 29 2003 at 4:29pm
I just went to two different dermatologists and they both recommended cetaphil. It freaked me out a little bit since they are completely different dos. So I am thinking maybe I should try it? Does anyone here use it? If so, do you all like it? Is it significantly better than more expensive stuff? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!
cara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2003 at 9:04am
I've been using the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser for 4 years now, and love it for my dry somewhat sensitive skin. I've also used their moisturizing lotion as a body lotion and it's very good. The moisturizing cream is an excellent bland emollient(dry skin only, please!!) and works better than a lot of expensive moisturizers out there. If you're going to spend more money, invest in a good treatment product(like a good AHA or retinoid-type of product)
Rita Shelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2003 at 9:31am
Cetaphil was recommended by two different dermatologist also. I really like it..I keep the cetaphil bar in my shower for my body and also use it on my face sometime..It leaves your body really soft and not dry feeling.
Rita Shelton
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2003 at 10:54am
Cetaphil is wonderful. I use the Gentle Skin Cleanser and I have combination skin. It makes the dry parts just fine, but does not leave the T-zone more oily. It's a really good product because you can rinse it off with water, or just wipe it off with towels to leave some on for added moisture. I haven't had much in breakouts since I started using it.

I find that it is better than the more expensive skin and face products, which tend to be high in fragrance, which can irritate the skin, no matter what type.
cara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2003 at 3:28pm
I have dry, somewhat sensitive skin, and live in a semi-arid climate, so Cetaphil is excellent - have been using the Gentle Skin Cleanser for 4 years now, and the moisturizing lotion and the cream on and off with other stuff. The lotion is excellent as a body lotion, and I use the cream on my face at night. The products are all a great value for the money, and last a long time. This time the derms are right in their recs for sensitive skin!
Catta View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 5:55pm
AAAH! I had heard wonderful things about Cetaphil to, and having run out of my regular glycolic cleanser, I bought some cetaphil. Now, my skin is quite dry and very sensative, and the cetaphil made it disgusting! It turned red, like I had a rash in some places, and made it peel and flake, etc. Not a good experience, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that the second ingredient in it is alcohol... sounds kinda harsh. I was really dissapointed bacuase I'd heard so many good things. So if anyone has super sensitive dry skin, this might not be for you
LOTRgirl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOTRgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2003 at 7:16pm
Hmmmm.I guess it's not for everybody...
Good luck finding something that works for you.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2003 at 10:58pm
Cetaphil is one of the most gentle cleansers on the market, and I've used it for years. One thing that is important to remember is that it is a gentle cleanser only. It does not add moisture, so if your skin tends to be dry, you will need a moisturizer afterwards. It's also great for acne-prone skin, because it isn't harsh. Even though acne can be very bothersome, it's important not to irritate the skin any more. The best thing EVER I found for acne is 1% beta-hydroxy acid. It actually goes into the pore to exfoliate. My skin is much, much better now in my 30s than when I was a teenager!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic