Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Do I Know If I Have Eczema?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Erica Paige View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erica Paige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Do I Know If I Have Eczema?
    Posted: April 05 2003 at 12:55am
I seem to get this patch of flaky, itchy red skin on my chin and my neck when I am stressed. It really itches like crazy. A friend suggested that I use cortisone but I have read that it is not good to use for a long period. Are their natural products I could use?
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2003 at 6:00pm
hrm.. does sound like eczema. I would try the cortizone to soothe it first. If you take good care of your skin, and make sure not to use any irritating products, it should clear up after a while.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2003 at 6:53pm
HHmmmm...been in the woods lately?

Could be poison ivy. Even if you haven't, you can catch it by touching someone who has it. They can scatch their poison ivy and touch your hand or even a doorknob and you touch it right afterwards and touch your neck, and voila you can catchit.

I would see a doctor to make sure.

(My southern roots are showing)
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2003 at 10:29pm
If it really bugs you see a dermatologist. They can tell you right away if it is eczema and probably prescribe something that will fix it.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
kab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2003 at 6:57pm
See a dermatologist who will probably give one of two options 1) cortisone treatment followed by another product that should counteract the "thinning" effect of the steroid or 2) prescribe Elidel, which is a new steroid free cream which is very nice and does not have side effects (that is, according to my dr.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic