Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Olay Daily Facials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Olay Daily Facials
    Posted: April 06 2003 at 6:58pm
I'm having a love/hate relationship with Olay Daily Facials. I've been using them for about 2 weeks and I've noticed a definite improvement with my skin. Less breakouts, more even toned, smaller pores.

But I feel so guilty! It's such a waste of paper! I bet they killed a whole tree just to supply one Wal-Mart with disposable skin wipes, when you consider all the copy cat brands that have followed Olay Daily Facials. (Clearasil Total Control, Biore, etc...)

It's just another self-indulgent American product that totally ignores the environment and what is best for the planet and the rest of the world. So I'd like to find another product!

Does anyone have any suggestions for combination skin? I'd prefer a one step product, which is another appeal of Olay Daily Facials. I don't want to spend a chunk of time in the bathroom. Actually, if it was too many steps, I probably would do it for a couple days then slack off. There has to be a one step product as good as Daily Facials without all the wasted paper! Why didn't they just bottle whatever they're putting on the paper cloths???
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Kyla View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2003 at 12:47am
Mary Kay TimeWise 3 in 1 Cleanser is along the same lines as the facial cloths. And price wise, probably cheaper. One tube should last you 3 months. Or it also comes in a bar soap for oilier skin. (which lasts even longer)
Ky
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2003 at 11:08am
hi supergrover
i've used the olay daliy facials but after a while my face would get dry. my cousin's friend who does make up told her not to use the all the time. they can strip the nautral oil in you skin. she recommends the toweletts like the ponds or biore ones. honestly i know this may sound gross but i realy don't wash my face that much. i just rince it with water. cleansers have tend to dry out my skin. i get little blackheads on the side of my nose at times and i use clean and clear toner for sensitive skin on my nose. i used to use 10 o six or something kind of name like that. it came in a pink bottle but i can't find it anywhere! anyway the clean and clear toner works.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2003 at 7:50pm
Wow, guys! Thanks for the responses!

Kyla! That was the name of my favorite camp counselor at Girl Scout camp.

Ahem... ANYWAY. The Mary Kay cleanser sounds good. I think I will see about trying that. I don't know anyone that deals Mary Kay anymore, but I'm sure I could find someone through their website.

Monica: I used to use Ten-O-Six, too! It made my mother laugh because she had used it as a teenager, too. But you're right, I haven't seen it in stores for a looong time. It used to come in those huge bottles, I recall.
I think Sea Breeze is a similar product? Maybe I should try that again.
My skin honestly isn't that bad, just a few zits scattered here and there that make me self-conscious.

Thanks again for your responses!
Traci
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 11:18am
yes sea breeze or clean and clear is like it. does your face get dried out? if so try skipping wasing it and just rince the go over you face with sea breeze or clean and clear. it will really help with those little pesty zits. i hope this can help you
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 4:49pm
Hi SuperGrover et all,

Have you tried a homemade honey facial? It is a little messy BUT it makes your skin so soft and keeps it from drying out. I used to get in the bathtub, cover my hair with a plastic cap and then use my fingers to slather a little honey all over my face. I will let it soak a little bit and then I would keep a washcloth close by to wash the goop off in the bathtub. Honey is also a natural antiseptic that will stop pimples dead in their tracks and will also do a light exfoliating. I love it.

I also love oatmeal facials made with honey with are still messy but not as bad.

Thanks for all the info that you all shared.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 8:27pm
Wow, honey?!?

I'm crazy enough to try it!

Now my husband will think I'm REALLY bonkers. I already use Apple Cider Vinegar rinse on my hair sometimes.

What is the oatmeal/honey? You just put some oatmeal in honey and use that?

Thanks for the advice!
Lee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2003 at 12:19am
I love the Olay Daily Facials but had the same concern as you. My solution....I re-use them!
I rinse them out to dry and then use them with Dove bar or a face wash such as Biore or Neutrogena. I replace them about once a week.
This not only helps the environment but my pocketbook, too. Oh, last thing before I throw them away I use them to wipe out the sink or around the faucets....I'm getting all the good out of them I can!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2003 at 4:05pm
Hi SuperG,

I use the honey in the little bear squeeze bottles. It seems easier to use and less messy.

For the oatmeal combo I do the following:

Add a little boiling water to raw oatmeal and stir until it makes a gloppy mess. Not too runny. Then I let it cool enough for my fingers to touch (about 5-10 minutes) and drizzle honey over the top and mix. I use about 3 1/2 parts oatmeal to 1 part honey.

Sometimes I will do the oatmeal w/out the honey first and then do the honey as a finish.

Again....I always sit in a bathtub when I do this because it is messy. But I love it.

I have also exfoliated with raw oatbrain. Is it grainy.

By the way...I don't like the results of the oatbrain on my face as much as the oatmeal. Actually instant oats work OK too.

Let me know what you think. I just love glooping home recipes on myself...especially if I get good results and don't trash the bathroom too much. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2003 at 12:39pm
i've never used those facial wipes but thats because i had the same concern as you- what a waste. I have heard some people say that they cut them into halves or fourths since they foam a lot. Not to mention, i don't use anything from olay anyways because they test on animals.
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2003 at 5:59pm
I second Kyla's comment! I use Mary Kay's Timewise 3-in-1 facial cleanser and absolutly love it! I have used it since June 2003 and use nothing else, except I follow it with their Timewise Moisturizer. I have an oily T-zone and combination skin elsewhere and it has not dried my skin out, my face is extremely soft and I don't have any acne. I used to ALWAYS break out from PMS every month. And I have not since I have been using this!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic