Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tips for a good shave

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
whitney brett View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tips for a good shave
    Posted: May 18 2003 at 10:30pm
it seems like no matter how hard i try and get a close shave, i can't do it. i will shave and be smooth and then ten seconds later i've got a bit of stubble. then times i do get a close shave, i get razor burn. I use new blades as well as lots of shaving cream, and i try to soak in the water to help soften the hair---to no avail. does anyone have any tips?? Thanks!

Whitney
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 1:44pm
Hi

Try dampening your face with a hot flannel cloth and then, instead of shaving foam, apply an 80:20 blend of Grapeseed oil:Geranium essential oil.

This will give you a close shave, keep you razor-burn free and boost the condition of your skin.
After the shave, you can wash off with soap and water or just wash off with the hot flannel.

With respect to the rate at which your hair grows on your face, this is a sign of masculinity - don't fight it .

Hope that is of some help to you.

Uzma
Uzi

Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 3:49pm
i'm a girl...LOL
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 4:54pm
Sooooo sorry .

I'm english, and don't normally talk in terms of stubble on ladies.

The oils should work, nevertheless!!

Apologies for my error.

Uzma
Uzi

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 6:38pm
LOL Uzi that was quite funny :-) I'm laughing with you, not at you of course. Thanks for brightening my day with a little unintended humor. Anyway, I too will try the oils on my legs as I have the same problem. What is it about flannel that makes it good for skin? I'm sure my father has some old shirts he has no use for....
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2003 at 7:00am
hehe no problem---thanks for the tips, i'll try them out!
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2003 at 11:44pm
I once read in a magazine, I want to say it was in Real Simple, that if you shave with Olive Oil, you will get a closer shave then you will get with shaving cream. I have yet to try it, but it sounded like a good idea. Thought I would share.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic