Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oils

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
browneyes View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oils
    Posted: June 05 2003 at 2:10pm
I was just reading an amazing thread about Hair oils in the Long Hair section and came to wonder if there was a good "anti-wrinkle" Oil for the face/eyes.

I remember a few years ago a couple of older ladies friend of mine said they used the Vitamin E Gel capsules and they would bite the tip off and squeeze the oil onto the skin around the eyes. They swore up and down it was great for the eyes skin. I must admit their skin looked amazing but I wonder how much is hereditary.

I was planning to start taking vitamin E capsules but wonder if I should just put it on my skin...
Anyone tried any oils on their face? I'd love to hear from your experiences.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2003 at 1:54am
Hi browneyes

The following oils act to prevent wrinkles and soften existing ones.

ESSENTIAL OILS
Important: Essential oils must be diluted in a base oil(see below) before use and should not be used very near the eye membranes.

Frankincence – will deter fine lines and wrinkles. Has a tonifying effect on the skin.

Sandalwood – Stimulates fibroblast activity thus increasing epidermal cell turnover.

Neroli – OMG this is sooo good for the skin. Use it as an over-night treatment all over the face and neck and watch your skin become firmer and radiant. You should see a positive result in 5 days. Expensive, but truly worth it.

BASE OILS
These can be used freely on the eye area. Try and get cold-pressed oils as these contain the full range of natural healing and nourishing properties.

Wheatgerm oil – very rich in natural vitamin E - a little sticky in consistency.

Almond oil – good source of vitamin E and a light emoillient.

Avocado oil – offering a degree of sun-protection as well as deep moisturization.

Rosehip Seed oil – my personal fave for preventing skin degeneration. Will also reduce pigmentation spots and refine skin texture.

Best wishes

Uzma
Uzi

BROWNEYES View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROWNEYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 7:54pm
thanks Uzma. I have never used oils so I am a little loss. I see you mention to dilute the essential oils using the basic oils. How do I dilute, what's the formula? Actually, if you can direct me on a website or book where I can find all this wonderful information on oils and their benefits I would be profoundly grateful.

I have never used the oils as I mentioned so I want to make sure I do it right. Also, I would like to do some of the recipes I have seen on the hair boards, they sound wonderful. thanks a bunch.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic