Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Proactiv

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proactiv
    Posted: June 08 2003 at 10:10am
Has anyone tried that Proactiv stuff they advertise on TV? Vanessa Williams endorses it.

They make it sound like the best thing since sliced bread, but then, all informercials do that.

Has anyone tried it?
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2003 at 11:29pm
Hi. I'd just thought I'd reply with my happy experience with Proactiv. I was, too, skeptical about the product because one, it was on TV, and two, I had tried other informercial products before they didn't seem to work. However, when I saw the infomercial for proactiv I was so intrigued by Vanessa and the people that I decided to try it. Oh, my, god words cannot describe how I feel about this product. It works! It is so amazing, I use it everyday, two times. Morning and at night. You have to or else you won't see results. Don't use proactiv once and expect immediate results. Like she said it takes time to break the acne cycle. After a month of using it, my face began to clear up, I couldn't believe it. I definitly recommend this product to anyone with mild to medium acne. If you have sever acne, see a dermo. Anyway, my advice is just to try it. Proactiv is not for everyone so just see if it works for you. Good luck.
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2003 at 9:26pm
Thanks IcyFire! I don't have bad acne, but it seems like I always have some huge hideous zit on my face somewhere, and I'm sick of it.

I see it costs like $40. How long does that last?
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 12:18am
It should last you about 2 to 3 months. It just depents on how you use the product. Don't apply too much stuff. A dime size amount of each of the stuff should do the trick. Goodluck.
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288
Vimisha Patel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vimisha Patel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 9:09pm
Hi! I started using proactiv in January, 2003. It did help clearing the zits that I do have (faster than with any other product). However, it did nothing to stop them from coming. It also slightly dried out my combination skin. And, the cleanser did not remove all makeup and dirt. But I would recommend it to clear up acne that you already have.
caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2003 at 11:09am
I tried the Proactiv and it didn't irritate my skin or anything. But I agree with the last poster -- it didn't stop new blemishes from forming and it did not do a good job removing makeup. I didn't think they gave you very much product for the money paid. I actually sent it back and got a refund.

I've had better luck with drugstore products. I've also started using a moisturizer with alpha hydroxy acid. This has helped keep blemishes at bay better than anything else I have tried.

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2003 at 8:51pm
caramia: which moisturizer is that? Thanks.
[/url]

caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 8:58am
It's Neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion with SPF 15. It contains alpha hydroxy acid. When I first started using it I could feel it doing something on my face. I know that sounds weird. It wasn't uncomfortable at all - just a kind of tingling sensation I guess. I still feel a slight sensation immediately after using it but not as much as in the beginning. The feeling only lasts about a minute.

I also use Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash cream cleanser - it contains salicylic acid. These 2 products have done wonders for my skin and kept acne at bay better than any over-the-counter product I have ever tried. I know products affect each person differently but personally they have worked great for me.

Caramia
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2003 at 11:27pm
Hi, my cousin who is 28 has had bad acne all of her life. In the last few years she has started having acne that is more like cystic acne...really deep, really big pimples along her jawline.

This girl has tried everything!!! From infomercials to department store brands to drugstore brands.

She saw the Proactiv commercial, ordered it and her face is completely clear!!! It does not even break out from PMS each month!! She has looked the absolute best she ever has!!! She swears by it!!

From her experience and the hundreds to thousands of dollars she has spent in facial cleansers that didn't work, I totally recommend this facial cleanser line!!!
a View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2003 at 5:58pm
I have used the product for about a month and I have not seen any major results. I stopped using ProActive and went back to Neutrogena and my face looks better. Neutrogena seems to have better results because of the Salicylic Acid.
Viva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2004 at 9:00pm
I have mild-moderate adult acne, and I when I tried Proactiv it did not work for me.
It seemed like it might work at first, but then it got worse.
My skin does not respond well to Benzoil Peroxide based products. I have found that Salicylic Acid or Alpha & Beta Hydroxy Acid products work better for me.
I am still looking for the best thing that will really work wonders for me.
I just got this stuff called Oxzit, it is a liquid oxygen treatment, they have their own self-named website and the product is not expensive.
Keep your fingers crossed that it works for me, I will let you know.
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.
ashleyal View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2004 at 9:34am
I used proactiv for a year and a half and I recently stopped using it because the products contain ingredients that are comodegenic (pore clogging!). I had a friend of mine at a pharmacuetical company analyze the products and he said that the way it works is by clogging the pore and then suppressing the bacteria underneath the skin that is why the second you stop using it or if you miss a day you immediately break out. A long time ago Mary Kay skin care products got caught for the same thing.
Helicala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helicala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2004 at 5:40pm
Proactiv only made my skin worse. The stupid "Repairing" Lotion made my skin peel horribly.

I see a dermatologist and she tells me to wash with Cetaphil cleanser. But more importantly, I've been on Accutane for 3 months now.
aleksaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleksaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 10:58pm
i tried proactiv, and it didn''t help me at all. it worked as well as my regular face washing regimine. i finally found the most incredible product for my skin! i''m half greek, half eastern european, so i have pale/olive (weird combo, but true!!) skin. when i get a zit, it''s horrible, and i always pick at it! anyway, it''s "CLEAN AND CLEAR daily pore cleanser". this stuff is the best!!!! it''s very effective at removing ALL of your makeup, and it has the smallest little scrubbies in it(smaller than any other product imaginable, even smaller than proactiv) w/no irritation!! you will LOVE it!! cheaper, too!!
aleksaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleksaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 10:59pm
i tried proactiv, and it didn''t help me at all. it worked as well as my regular face washing regimine. i finally found the most incredible product for my skin! i''m half greek, half eastern european, so i have pale/olive (weird combo, but true!!) skin. when i get a zit, it''s horrible, and i always pick at it! anyway, it''s "CLEAN AND CLEAR daily pore cleanser". this stuff is the best!!!! it''s very effective at removing ALL of your makeup, and it has the smallest little scrubbies in it(smaller than any other product imaginable, even smaller than proactiv) w/no irritation!! you will LOVE it!! cheaper, too!!
jessicar View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessicar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 3:42pm
I used it and it did work. I stopped using it because I really hated the smell. No one product can work for everyone, but I personally know at least 4 people for whom this fixed their skin when no other product could.
I bought the drugstore knockoff because it had a money back guarantee and it worked as well at half the cost for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic