Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Deorant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Christina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Deorant
    Posted: June 15 2003 at 2:04pm
what do u think is the best deotyrant that is on the market?
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2003 at 8:24pm
The best deo"tyrant".
That's an easy one, Saddam Hussein!

Oh you meant deodorant, as in smell fresh and clean!
Soap and water for starters. After that I think any of them will really do. I have used several different types, it doesn't seem to matter all that much.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2003 at 7:07pm
I don't like to use deodorants or antiperspirants with aluminum based ingredients.

Kiss MY Face offers a couple of different deodorants. I like the lavender solid enzyme...
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2003 at 9:55pm
I like Dry Idea powder scent roll-on. It actually dries in seconds after you apply it, so you never feel wet, even the first time you put your arms down after applying it.
[/url]

SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2003 at 10:54pm
That sounds interesting, Sophie. Where do you buy that?

I have to have a deodorant that won't stain my clothes. I hate yellow armpit stains! They are impossible to get out.

I recently started using Naturally Fresh that they sell at GNC. It doesn't have aluminum in it, but it does seem to leave kind of a salty residue on my armpits that make them feel weird after a couple of hours. I dunno how to describe it, but whenever I move my arms, I can feel it. It's only bad when I'm wearing something sleeveless, I think... but in summer, that's all the time!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
erikah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 2:02am
I Love Secret. Nothing works better IMO, I went camping and it lasted for 2 days, I was impressed. I like the glide on stick though, in baby fresh.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 3:45pm
Hi SG, doesn't HB.com carry some Kiss My Face Products?? I'm not sure...check at the local healthfood store. I have ordered it on line before atwww.vitaglo.com and if you order over $50...shipping is free.

The Solid does not stain that I know of...although I wear A LOT of black. Good feeling, no sandy feel.
If you find it, let me know how you like it.

The roll on is nice too...a little wet, but nice. I feel like the solid is better at keeping me dry.Cheers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 12:45pm
You may have thought that SuperGrover over there on the left was raising his arm in the air to show off his cape, or that he was about to say "It is I, SOO! per Grover. Here to save the day!"

But no! In fact, he is saying "Do I have B.O.?" *sniff sniff sniff*

He is disappointed, because he tried an aluminum-free deodorant that he found at GNC called Naturally Fresh. He is pleased that it doesn't put yellow stains on his bright pink cape, and that it doesn't turn his furry blue armpits an odd color. But he doesn't think it's very effective at controlling odor!

I think I will try Sophie's Kiss My Face for me and my alter-ego Grover. But first I will see if the ingredients are the same.

I had a job interview on Thursday and when I arrived, I noticed that I kinda smelled. And I dunno why! I hadn't exerted myself to induce sweat or anything. I hope the interviewer didn't notice. Oh well, I'm not super crazy about the job anyway.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Christina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 4:59pm
thanks for the replys

ive used Secret for a few years now and Im starting to feel that it doesnt work for me anymore.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 8:14am
The Natural Deodorant does not work as well as an anti-persperant....first of all it's a deodorant, not an anti-persperant.

I have an extra Enzyme deodorant at work and I do have to re-apply half way through the day...I don't mind doing that. The Kiss My Face enzyme deodorant is a solid clear stick type application. And there is no color to the product.

Here are the ingredients; Propylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Natural Vegetable Enzyme, Kayolin (Clay), Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda), Lavender Essential Oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract.

It's working great for me so far....we haven't hit the height of summer yet, so we'll see.

Cheers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 9:27am
Thanks! I found a place in my town that sells Kiss My Face and stopped by yesterday afternoon and picked some up. The KMF website has a great store locator! I never knew about this store! I'm so excited! They have a big natural beauty care section.
So we'll see if this deodorant works better. I got the Active Enzyme kind.
Maybe I'll take my Naturally Fresh to work and keep it in my desk. Grover can stop sniffing his armpits now!

And Christina, I used to use Secret several years ago, until I realized it was staining all of my clothes!!! Badly! That's my number 1 requirement of deodorant. It must not ruin my clothes with awful yellow/brown stains. Deodorant stains cannot be removed by stain remover or even bleach. They're there to stay!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 1:43pm
Sophie, is the Lavender scented Kiss My Face really strong scented? I opted for Unscented, because I didn't want any other scents competing with my Coconut Lime Verbena body spray. Mmmmm. Yum.
Christina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2003 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by SuperGrover SuperGrover wrote:

And Christina, I used to use Secret several years ago, until I realized it was staining all of my clothes!!! Badly! That's my number 1 requirement of deodorant. It must not ruin my clothes with awful yellow/brown stains. Deodorant stains cannot be removed by stain remover or even bleach. They're there to stay!

yeah thats also another reason i dont like it anymore those yellow stains are embarassing to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 8:55am
Sigh... it's not quite 10AM yet, and I'm already starting to smell with the Kiss My Face Active Enzyme on. I did kind of have to hustle to make the bus this morning though. We'll see how it lasts the rest of the day.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 10:16am
Hey Ya Know I tried making my own Deodorent once>>>I completely forgot about that<<<

It was pretty good. I used a cream/heavier... kind of like a night cream...not nessesarily greasy/ and an essential oil blend. Ginger, sandlewood and grapefruit....I don't know if these are the best anti-smell eo's.....maybe Uzma or one of you other eo sages would know some good ones.

You know SG...I'm not really sure if the KMF deodorent stains or not???? I wear an awful lot of black. ?? I don't think the lavender is too strong>>scent wise<< I almost think the lavender scent helps with odor. JMO

Can I ask, what you paid for the KMF deodorent, at your health food store?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic