Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Honey to wash the face

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honey to wash the face
    Posted: June 22 2003 at 1:50pm
Under the advice of Karen, I started washing my face in the shower with Honey. Instead of Olay Daily Facials, which I liked, but couldn't justify the waste of paper/killing trees.

It seems to be working really well! My skin is so much better now! Although I'm not sure if all the credit can go to the honey. I've also been taking vitamins that are supposed to be good for skin and hair, and I've been using Retinol Oil at night, which is something I found at GNC.

Knock on wood, I have had NO new zits since I began this routine! Still trying to get rid of some red marks from zits I had a month ago. (Then I'll send you some pics, Karen. )

I know sugar is supposed to be good for softening skin. I wonder if honey also has some anti-bacterial properties to cleanse and prevent breakouts.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 11:06am
how did you do it supergrover? i tried it today. my face felt alittle sticky after. maybe i didn't rinse enough

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 12:32pm
That's funny. My face felt a little sticky afterwards yesterday, too. But this is because I was trying not get my hair wet, so I missed rinsing areas around my hairline. :)

Yeah, it's definitely something to do in the shower, so you can totally drench your head afterwards and be sure to rinse it all.

It usually rinses very well for me, I just stick my whole face under the water for a few seconds. It really leaves my skin pretty soft. Not as soft as a moisturizer would, but soft. It's much yummier than a moisturizer at least. Mmm. Edible cleanser.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2003 at 7:36pm
i redid it. i tried at first just rising in the sink. so when i took a shower i did it again. my face feels really soft if by accident i get it on my lips it tastes good not like soap.
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2003 at 11:05am
i've heard great things about washing your face with honey. You don't have to think about all those horrible chemicals being absorbed into your skin. I aim to use edible products on my body.
If i wasn't a Vegan i'd use honey- but ya know.
scarlett77 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlett77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 1:22am
A word of caution on the honey... please test it on a small patch of skin before using it on your face! Some people have allergic reactions to honey when applied topically. I found that out the hard way experimenting with honey masks-lol! But if you aren't allergic, it is a wonderful skincare product.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2003 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by princessmonica princessmonica wrote:

i redid it. i tried at first just rising in the sink. so when i took a shower i did it again. my face feels really soft if by accident i get it on my lips it tastes good not like soap.

LOL I get it on my lips all the time! Ooops!
dolphin2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dolphin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 4:24pm

Hi all, I just did the honey and sugar last night and what a difference my
   complexion looks so much better I mean it looks clean as if layers of dirt
   were removed I was like omg I can't believe how dirty my face was I'm
   never buying that junk in the store's again

wait on the Lord for He is good!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 1:00pm
It does work, and leaves skin super soft. It is kind of a pain to wash off a honey mask but I think the results are worth it. Do not fall asleep with mask on though, or you will wake up with an ant mask instead LOL.
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 4:15pm
I used to use it as a mask, but now I'll give this a go!
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic