Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Completely clear face.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Completely clear face.
    Posted: July 04 2003 at 10:18pm
Hi!

I don't get bad zits very often, but I always have those small, little bumpy zits on my chin and T-zone.

What is the best retail product that will make facial skin smooth and zit-free?

Thanks.
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2003 at 10:30am
I don't think there is "one" magical formula, but from my own experiences, here's what I've found.

The reasons acne appears is that oil gets trapped beneath the surface. Therefore, washing your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser will help reduce the risk of oil getting trapped.

Secondly, our skin, of course, sheds all the time. However, exfoliating the top layer to get rid of those dead skin cells which have not yet shaken off is another way to prevent that oil from being trapped beneath the skin.

There are lots of "acne" products on the market, but I generally don't like them because many of them are extremely irritating to the skin.

Sometimes a cleanser with moisturizers can help leave a small layer on the top of the skin, as well, which is good for dry skin but not for acne!

Here's what I would try: using a very gentle cleanser (that neither subtracts nor adds moisture) twice a day. Then, to exfoliate, sprinkle a tiny bit of baking soda with the cleanser and *gently* rub on your face. The slight abrasiveness of the baking soda will help slough off those dead skin cells.

Also, in the summer, we're generally out in the sun more often. So, it's important to understand that the sun stimulates oil glands, so it's important in the summer to keep the face washed and exfoliated!
Stinka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2003 at 6:44pm
Thanks!

Do you recommend any common retail products to use?
"And to make a long story short, I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time..."
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2003 at 9:33am
There are many good, basic facial cleansers to use. One that is highly recommended is Cetaphil cleanser. To really save pennies, you can get the "store brand" of the very same product at usually 1/3 the price, and that makes it extremely economical!

As for an exfoliant, if you don't want to use baking soda, I'm really only familiar with Paul's Choice brand, which can be found here:

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/category.asp?CAT=48&TYPE=2&PAGETYPE=S

Aesha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2004 at 10:37am
Yes, I believe in inner and outer skin care!

Hi I’m 38 years old and refuse to go into my 40’s with bad skin. I found this product on-line called Naturally Clear an Aloe Vera skin care product that works!http://www.naturallyclear.com.

I been to the doctors nothing cleared up my pimples or my blemishes. This product is two steps facial cleaning and skin care vitamins. I’ve seen results in 2 weeks, it's going on 3 months now. I've been using Naturally Clear for 3 months now. People think I'm wearing makeup, I don’t wear makeup, I like showing my natural skin. I will not use anything else but Naturally Clear. Several girlfriends have ordered Naturally Clear and it's working for them also. Before I came across this product I would not go out and socialize.

Love the skin I’m in!

Patience and perseverance have a
magical effect
Before which difficulties disappear
and obstacles
vanish.
Viva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2004 at 10:08pm
You may need to exfoliate.
Try a light AHA product and/or a mechanical exfoliant.

Generally exfoliating is something that needs to be done regularly, and gently. It will take time to see good results.
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2004 at 8:35pm
Along with facial scrubs i also like to steam my face. It prevents breakouts by letting you sweat out the oil. All you do is boil about 4 cups of water or as much as you want depending on the size of bowl you have. put the water in, put your face over it and cover your head with a towel.
Also a good diet helps, lots of water.
good luck
IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2004 at 1:43am
I just recomment exfoliating 3 or 4 times a week with a gentle cleanser and using a moisturizer after that. I use clean and clear pore cleanser and it is the best in my opinion. IT has the little beads that help to clean pores and it has no offensive smell or anything like that. Keeps my skin clear.
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288
longlife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longlife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2004 at 8:30pm
I love the Noni & Aloe Switzerland SkinCare line from Youngevity. They have great cleansers, toners and scrubs as well as moisturizer, which is very important. Good luck to you!!!
Hotcocoa102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotcocoa102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2004 at 4:08pm
Theres hope!!! you see to exfoliate if you don't want to go out and buy stuff take sugar and water and stir together to make a pasty but gritty feeling texture then just do what you would normally do with a exfoliator it'll get rid of those little annoying white bumps and help get rid of oil! it worked for me!

P.S. just rinse thouroghly other wise it's going to be sticky! and stay HAPPY!
I'm OVERLY JOLLY TODAY!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic