Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sunscreen Woes!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lana View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunscreen Woes!
    Posted: July 06 2003 at 12:43pm
I was wondering what type of sunprotection a person is supposed to put on their eye area. I use a moisturizer with an SPF in it but it says not to get it on the eye area, and most other sunscreens say something to that effect. I need to know what I can put on my eye area to protect it; what do others do? Also, is their any order in putting sunscreen on your face; will it be as effective if you put moisturizer on first, or makeup on after, etc? Thanks for the help!
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 2:02pm
I always put sunscreen in my eye area. I just use a very little bit, so there isn't much excess to find it's way into my eye. I use Aveeno facial moisturizer with SPF 15. I'm not sure if there's a warning against using it in the eye area. But if there is, that's just the cosmetic company keeping their @ss covered.
I have gotten sunscreen in my eyes several times, and it burns! I used to be a lifeguard, and once I got sunscreen in my eyes and had to call for someone to come relieve me because I just couldn't see the pool anymore, my eyes burned so bad!
I suppose some sunscreens could cause blindness... hair dyes always have warning about that. I kind of doubt it... but that's why I said the cosmetic companies are just keeping themselves covered.

I have to take a moment to recommend the best sunscreen ever, Coppertone Oil Free! In the white tube.
I never would have bought a sunscreen that bills itself as a product for people prone to break outs, because that's not me. But when I was a lifeguard at Disney World, they supplied it to us. I'm hooked! The stuff is amazing! You won't even know you have it on! Not greasy or anything! It literally feels like you never put it on! Except you won't get sunburnt, of course.
Love it, love it, love it.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 5:45pm
FYI, I was just at the supermarket and took a look at Coppertone Oil Free Faces. It did say to avoid contact with the eyes (Duh!) but did not say anything against using it in the eye area.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic