Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red Skin?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amanda Leigh View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Skin?
    Posted: July 22 2003 at 11:11pm
I have a very fair complexion, and I've always had very pink skin... sometimes people will tell me it looks like I'm blushing even when I'm not... And my skin - face, arms and legs.... all are very sensitive... If I get to cold or too warm, my skin will turn really red or purple-ish even sometimes... it almost looks like a skin rash.... The only way to hide it somewhat is to get a tan, but that is really bad for your skin too... :( My dermatologist said that it's just because of my fair skin that my blood vessels and what not show through easily... Is there anything that can be done about this?
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 12:36am
hmmm...i don't think much can be done about it, but i'm also not extremely fair skinned....have you looked into maybe a really light self tanner? if you're very faired skinned this may not work, but perhaps something like that might help cover it up a bit. Maybe they make a product that will put just a hint of color on, that way it might hide the redness you're concerned with. Also this way it's not permanent.
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 9:09am
I am fairskinned also. Generally I don't get pink(ish)unless I'm in the sun or hot or have been exercising.

The self tanners sound like a good idea if you want to cover up the pink. They have those mystic tanning booths at the tanning salons now. I haven't tried it but it seems like the quickest less messiest way to get the look of a tan without the danger of UV exposure.

Since you did say if you get too cold or too warm your skin will turn pink or purplish and you compared it to a rash I thought I'd mention one thing. A friend of mine recently (like in the last year or two) found out that she has an allergy - if she touches anything too cold, her skin will break out in a rash. I think it's only really cold stuff (not hot) that she's allergic too. Has your dermatologist ruled out an actual allergy? Or perhaps you might want to consider seeing a doc who specializes in allergies just to make sure.

I hope this helps.
Caramia
"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me."
Amanda Leigh View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda Leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 11:24am
It's not an actual rash... it's like... you know when someone is really really white, you can see the veins in their legs if they are cold... It's kind of like that..except on my arms as well... I've tried sunless tanners before, and they help a little, but the scent often gives me a headache and makes me feel sick... :( Anyway, I'm not THAT pale, and I can tan fairly easily, so that is why it's kind of surprising that I have this problem... Also, my face just always seems to be pink.... and it gets a lot pinker really easily.. :(
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 12:34pm
Hmm...I had a friend that had the same thing and he just finally broke down and went tanning. Of course he'll probably get skin cancer, but the redness did go away. Perhaps there's a self tanner that doesn't have a yucky smell? Or maybe you could add a scent to the bottle so it won't smell so gross? Caramia has a great idea with the Mystic tan--you get in standing up, and it sprays you evenly with a self tanning mist for like 6 seconds. You let it dry and you're done! I've seen mixed results...one friend ended up with a very light sunkissed look--another ended up orange. Good luck! Tell us if you find anything!
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic