Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestions for Oil Free Moisturizer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestions for Oil Free Moisturizer?
    Posted: September 19 2003 at 12:01pm
Hi, I am currently sampling Diors moisturizer that's suppose to hydrate you for 24 hours. I like it so far, but it's very costly. I have tried different expensive products like Lancome and Estee but it's just not practical.

Let me know what works for you guys, for dry - combination skin, if I use too much heavy stuff, my face gets all greasy.

Thanks.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2003 at 3:19pm
I know it's cheap and doesn't have the elegance of Guerlain or La Mer...but it works: St. Ives Oil-Free Moisturizer. It costs $4 but really does the job for dry areas without getting disgusting. Plus--and this is a big plus if you have sensitive skin--it is fragrance free.

If you want a REALLY indepth review, check out what I wrote in July 2002 for epinions:
http://www.epinions.com/content_67327659652

It's one of the few products that ALL reviewers recommended!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2003 at 3:32pm
Thanks Lyris... the whole idea is to find something that works well that costs less. Paying $45.00 for a small moisturizer is a bit much.

I loved what you wrote and I am glad you mentioned the cheeks part. Thats where I need it most!!!

A CVS is opening near my house! I can't wait. I love Walgreens and Rite-Aid also.

PS. I just found it on drugstore.com for $2.99!! I hope they have it at Rite-Aid or Walgreens... I don't know where CVS is around my area and the one next to my house isn't open yet.
Viva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2004 at 6:05pm
Check out Biotherm.
They are a well known brand in Europe, very nice and much less than Dior, Lancome, etc.
Biotherm is in department stores and is owned now by L'Oreal, they have great men's products too.
They have a fukll line of different products, all great - even the sensitive skin line.
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2004 at 4:47pm
I like Beyond Beleif Oil Free Moisturizer. Good stuff. Very good stuff.
dj727 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2004 at 7:02pm
You should try the Oxy Acne Vanishing Cream. You apply it after you wash your face. It prevents oil and clears acne at the same time.
Don't Fear the Dark...Fear what's in it!
miSS jill View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miSS jill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 3:52pm
well i think the best oil free moisterizer has to be nuetragena oil free moisterizer. they have one for about every skin type, combination, sensitive and more. It cost about $10 but well worth the money
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2005 at 4:13pm
Clean and Clear oil free Shine controll Moisturizer.

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic