Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

good ideas 4 prob/acne skin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Viva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: good ideas 4 prob/acne skin
    Posted: February 04 2004 at 11:27am
If you have problem skin and acne like I do, here are a few tips that I have found helpful:
I use a new washcloth in the shower everyday (bacteria and mold build so quickly on wet towels) and new face towel everyday too. Never scrub, just gentle circular motion.
Baby washcloths are more gentle and you can buy them in packages for very little $ (you need a lot if you use new ones all the time).
If benzoil peroxide porducts do nothing or seem to make it worse, try salicylic acid and Alpha & Beta hydroxy acid products instead. My skin does not do well with benzoil peroxide, but my husband finds it to be the best thing if he gets a blemish (he has beautiful skin, so lucky!) - everyone has different skin, so it is good to try to see what your skin needs, but don't switch products too much.
If you have used a lot of different products and your face is sensitive or especially broken out you might try cleaning it with a gentle soap like cetaphil and non-scented baby wipes for a few days.
Baby wipes are wonderful for removing makeup and cleaning the face during the day, without overdrying/stripping the skin. They are great for the neck and other areas that can get sweaty (and f.y.i. also great for cleaning high quality leather).
I started using this oxygen treatment called Oxzit about a week ago and it seems to be helping quite a bit (they have a self named website). I also started using the new Neutrogena AHA and Retinol face cream for pore refining and that is working too (check out their website for info on their new line).
Last, but not least, if you are slow to heal like I am you may be zinc deficient. Lack of zinc can cause bad breath and makes the skin slow to heal. I take a zinc supplement because I am low in zinc and I am slow to heal.
Good luck, keep me informed of any great ideas/products you all have. Information is always appreciated.
Information is the key to making good decisions - share what you know with others.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic